LE - one bucket calvery

By Xquer, in Runewars List Building

For review: Here is an Elf list that was pretty fun. One strong calvery unit supported by two archer units both running dispatch. That's three attacks for the calvery each round.

Large block of scions to guard archers. This probably should be broken down, but they serve as an additional target for dispatch.

How would you improve this list? How do you think you'd run it or run against it?

Would it make more sense to shrink the leonx, add moment of inspiration and refresh moi and keep the stun?

Deepwood Archers x4 [30]
--Champion: Dispatch Runner [7]
--Music: Rallying Starling [4]
--Training: Simultaneous Orders [2]
----------Total Unit Cost: 43

Deepwood Archers x4 [30]

Leonx Riders x6 [40]
--Champion: Alania of Summersong [12]
--Heraldry: Raven Tabards [2]
--Music: Metered March [2]
--Training: Column Tactics [4]
----------Total Unit Cost: 60

Aymhelin Scions x4 [42]
--Equipment: Fire Rune [7]

--Unique: Fertile Soil [5]
----------Total Unit Cost: 54

Seems really solid. I'm going to have to try this

I feel like once the leonx riders die, things will be very difficult for this, but until then it may very well decimate things in front of it.

So you could strip off metered March and replace the scions with another 2x3 of leonx with meagan, raven, and column. No guards for the archers, but I feel like two large columns of calvery are distracting enough.

Would this be a better list? At least until warriors with wars on herald?

Deepwood Archers x4 [30]

Deepwood Archers x4 [30]

Leonx Riders x6 [40]
--Champion: Maegan Cyndewin [10]
----------Total Unit Cost: 56

Leonx Riders x6 [40]
--Champion: Alania of Summersong [12]
----------Total Unit Cost: 58

Did you already try this out? Curious to how it went.

I don't know point wise, but maybe switch one of the leonx 6 trays for a smaller set and one of the 4 trays of archers for a 6 tray of archers with support scion and close quarters combat. Then you'd have them just in case.

I've run the initial version against Waiqar with decent results, won one, lost the other but was close.

I would say the largest challenge of the list is keeping the three within range 3 of each other. The 2x3 length of the calvery is nice to help wit that. But once threatened the archer can end up too far to help trigger the combo when they have to retreat/or the back row of leonx gets chewed up.

That said, if you manage a flank, really fun to toss that many dice three times.

12 minutes ago, Curlycross said:

I don't know point wise, but maybe switch one of the leonx 6 trays for a smaller set and one of the 4 trays of archers for a 6 tray of archers with support scion and close quarters combat. Then you'd have them just in case.

CQC breaks the combo refresh for dispatch and removing the stun, which is the heart of the build. In the games I played this, I usually just gave up the archers shot to disengage and give the leonx the attack.

I don't know why you would use fire Rune on the scions.

37 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I don't know why you would use fire Rune on the scions.

Action is init 3, modifier can armor up. It's for when you want to shoot at an enemy you know is coming in for a charge.