Changes to Deadliness attribute in Finishing Blow

By Monkey Bloke, in Rules Questions

Under certain conditions the deadliness of a weapon can change, most commonly from a single handed or dual handed grip, but also from some techniques.

When duelling, a finishing blow doubles the deadliness of the weapon, how does, this interact with the bonuses.

For example, a Kakita duelist strikes a finishing blow against his opponent, scoring one bonus success.

His katana has deadliness 5, with +2 for a 2 handed grip. His Way of the Crane also allows him to adjust the severity of the critical strike.

When doubling the deadlines of the katana, are we doubling 5 to 10 and then adding +2 for the two handed grip, or doubling 7?

When adding in the bonuses is the hit severity 14 or 16?

On 10/13/2017 at 8:59 AM, Monkey Bloke said:

Under certain conditions the deadliness of a weapon can change, most commonly from a single handed or dual handed grip, but also from some techniques.

When duelling, a finishing blow doubles the deadliness of the weapon, how does, this interact with the bonuses.

For example, a Kakita duelist strikes a finishing blow against his opponent, scoring one bonus success.

His katana has deadliness 5, with +2 for a 2 handed grip. His Way of the Crane also allows him to adjust the severity of the critical strike.

When doubling the deadlines of the katana, are we doubling 5 to 10 and then adding +2 for the two handed grip, or doubling 7?

When adding in the bonuses is the hit severity 14 or 16?

I don't think there's a Right Answer here, but

(1) I'd adjust the severity of the critical strike last, because everything else determines the initial severity of the critical strike;

(2) I'd double the deadliness of the katana (5) as opposed to the deadliness of the katana plus other modifiers (5 + 2), so you'd end up with ([5 * 2] + 2 = 12), not ([5 + 2] * 2 = 14).

Cant answer about the way of the crane.

Two handed stance does not give a bonus to weapon severity, it actually changes the weapon profile. (Its written in a way similar to this). so i believe it becomes a 14.

Edit:Yeah i tought i had answered before. sorry didnt saw it was a double post/thread.

Edited by Mobiusllls

Sorry about that, I posted on my phone and I guess it freaked out. I couldn't see how to remove the second post.