New Armada Starter Sets

By SpaceC0wboy, in Star Wars

After a good deal of discussion in the Star Wars Armada forum several members agree that a significant barrier to Star Wars Armada growing is the initial cost of the core (aka starter) set.

Many Armada players come from an X-Wing Miniatures background and the sticker shock on the Armada core set deters these players and others from even considering purchase of the game. Additionally it has been stated that many new players only want to play one faction and do not want to pay for an additional ship they will not use.

What has been proposed is to create two new starter sets, one each for rebels and imperials that has a reduced cost and only comes with the faction's ships and the range rulers and tokens needed to play. I believe this would make the game appealing to a larger audience and would drive sales of existing Armada products by expanding market share. These new starter sets could also be aimed at current players with inclusion of exclusive upgrades(weapons systems, titles, squadrons) which are only sold in the new starter sets.

Please feel free to message me. Armada is my favorite game and I would love to see it grow beyond it's current size.

Bumping this again, I Have gotten two people interested, but they are both hesitant on the core set. Please make either separate cores or an essentials box.