Houston

By Bruce9, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

Well we will be up at Skirmish Games this Saturday at 3pm again.
We are trying hard to keep this going.

We've been going up to Skirmish for a few weeks now. Hoping to get more people who play in Houston to come out.

I am not even sure anyone else PLAYS in Houston. It always seems Houston is a black hole for card games except magic.

kind of sad! Well prove me wrong! Come play some AGOT with us.

Skirmish games is located in Pasadena right across from San Jacinto College Central Campus.
Here is the address.
Skirmish Games is located at 8317 Spencer Hwy, Deer park, TX 77536
Tel: 281-542-6500
If you get lost just call the store, we will guide you in.
Just ask for Dave or Bruce.

Well we had TWO today. We got in a few games.

We really are trying to get this going.

Lannister card draw is SICK when it happens early.

The first game, I put out 4 of my 7 card draw and drew into my golden tooth mines and i only have one in the deck.

I will say that he was a new player, so he is still learning the game and was playing an unfamilar deck, Baratheon.

So, we'll be there, every saturday unless the holy-daze get in the way. I need to check the calender.

So, if your in houston and you wanna play some AGOT....we are doing it.

Bruce

Hi Bruce. I know this is an older thread, but if you are still playing let me know. I'm just getting into the game now and interested in finding players in Houston.

Anyone else in Houston playing? Chime in! cool.gif

Thanks!

Regards,

Madduxx

I have a group of 4 of us just starting out playing now in SE Houston if anyone is interested in playing with us.

Trying again to bump the thread in hopes there may be some Houston players out there.

Hey Madduxx,

I've started playing again after taking a break since 5KE came out. Just picked up a Core Set. Thinking about picking up cards and attending/hosting tournaments again.

Silverbolt,

Let me know if you'd like to get involved in our group. We currently have 4 players in SE Houston that play weekly on Tuesday evenings via OCTGN, and try to get together monthly locally. We also have a new player joining us on OCTGN from Austin.

One catch - we currently only play with Core, Clash of Arms, Kings of the Sea, and Princes of the Sun cards. Being new to the game since last September we've incorporated new cards into our local meta as we feel we've exhausted strategies or are simply ready to introduce more.

/bump ...hoping others in Houston exist!

Update - we just recently incorporated Time of Ravens. Initial thoughts with ToR - Card draw and discard seem really enhanced by this expansion (maybe too much). Seasons are interesting and fun, but Winter is a bit worrisome in melee (which we mainly play).

/bump There has got to be other Houston players!

Silverbolt sent you a few messages and never heard back. Let me know if you are still interested in playing.

I recently got into the game and I am in the Houston area (Clear Lake). I am in the process of trying to get some friends to learn (and still learning myself really), but once we get past that stage finding more players would be great.

Karazax said:

I recently got into the game and I am in the Houston area (Clear Lake). I am in the process of trying to get some friends to learn (and still learning myself really), but once we get past that stage finding more players would be great.

Hi Karazax,

As I mentioned to Silverbolt above let me know if you'd like to get involved in our group. We currently have 4 players in SE Houston (also Clear Lake) that try to play weekly on Tuesday evenings via OCTGN, and try to get together monthly locally. 3 of us work at Johnson Space Center. We also have a player joining us on OCTGN from Austin. Personally, I'm willing to play other times and would be happy to get together to play and chat. We're always learning and I'm on the forums often checking on rulings that come up during our play. The best way to learn is playing together and I'd be happy to help with teaching friends.

At the moment we only play with Core, Clash of Arms, Kings of the Sea, Princes of the Sun, & Time of Ravens cards. We've incorporated new cards into our local meta as we feel we've exhausted strategies, or are simply ready to introduce more. We'll be looking to introduce Kings Landing next.

Hope to hear from you soon! gran_risa.gif

Sounds good, I havent tried playing on OCTGN yet, though I have downloaded it and messed with the deck builder some. I am hoping to teach some of my friends how to play tomorrow, and see how it goes.

Karazax said:

Sounds good, I havent tried playing on OCTGN yet, though I have downloaded it and messed with the deck builder some. I am hoping to teach some of my friends how to play tomorrow, and see how it goes.

Let me know how the teaching goes. I can help with OCTGN as we've used it a long while. When we play with OCTGN I also host a voice server locally (ventrilo) we all connect too to make it easier to play online. It's freeware and easy to set up with a mic. I added you to my friends list here so send me a private message and we can take communication off the forums in private email as needed. Looking forward to talking to you soon.

Teaching went pretty well. I have vent set up already, and I sent a PM a few days ago with my email info.

Karazax said:

Teaching went pretty well. I have vent set up already, and I sent a PM a few days ago with my email info.

Sounds great! I got your PM and replied via email on Monday. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

I sent a reply back on the 28th, but maybe it didn't go through as I haven't recieved anything since then. Anyway, we have played a few more games and things seem to be going pretty well even though I am providing all the cards for the group and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I still haven't played on OCTGN yet though.

now we have 5 players who play game of thrones lcg at skirmisher on spencer hwy

MyNameIsAL said:

now we have 5 players who play game of thrones lcg at skirmisher on spencer hwy

That's great news! When do you all play? I would like to come and meet you all sometime soon and discuss getting together to play!

We usually play on Tuesdays when the majority of us make it. But a friend of ours is always up there on Tuesdays 6pm til closing, his name is craig, I'm sure he will get down with some Game of Thrones LCG. I myself will try to make it since now I started work again.

MyNameIsAL said:

We usually play on Tuesdays when the majority of us make it. But a friend of ours is always up there on Tuesdays 6pm til closing, his name is craig, I'm sure he will get down with some Game of Thrones LCG. I myself will try to make it since now I started work again.

We'll plan to head up there on a future Tuesday evening in the next few weeks to meet folks. We have 3 that play currently, and we've been playing over a year. We typically play via OCTGN on Tuesday evenings. We also have only mixed in some of the earlier sets, up to King's Landing & some of the deluxe expansions. So our decks may be "older".

Hope to see you soon!

I am trying to organize our group to come up to meet y'all soon. The recent weather hasn't helped, and we're eyeing sometime in early March. I'll post back once I know for sure in hopes that we make sure to catch someone.

However, I noticed Skirmish games closes at 8:30pm and we typically start play in the evenings around then via OCTGN. Perhaps there is another time or place we could meet up or where you all may play together? Otherwise, it's highly unlikely we could do this on a regular basis, but perhaps just one time to meet people.

/bump

MyNameIsAL - Long story short Tuesday is now bad for me until ~8pmish. serio.gif Are there another good evening(s)? As mentioned previous, with Skirmish games closing at 8:30pm perhaps there is another time or place we could meet up or where you all may play together? Finally, are any of you playing via OCTGN?

/bump x2!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Its been forever since weve' chatted. I've been working non stop since february, but i am still keeping up with the expansions. what is octgn it kind of hard for me to meet up to play anymore. If i can play online that will be great.