Daniela Reyes - New Investigator

By Bryabz, in General Discussion

I just saw a post on Facebook from Chaosium Inc. about the new expansion which included a picture of the gamebox with some added stuff on the bottom. One of the things added is a new investigator named Daniela Reyes. If you zoom the picture in, you can read her skills at least. Her profession is The Mechanic and her skills are:

Action: You may spend any number of Resources to gain an equal number of Clues.

Once per round, after you perform an Acquire Assets action or a Rest action, you may gain 1 Resource.

So Resources must be a new thing coming too but I found it interesting so I thought I should share. If you look up Chaosium Inc. on Facebook you can see it too.

mask post.jpg

zoomed.jpg

AH! WUUUT is happening! I am starting to wonder if the typical patterns for releases are going somewhere I never expected, and are starting to be shaken up...

Sefina was new to AH living card game, and there were 4 others introduced in mansions, and now I spy Daniela, and I am pretty sure the guy in the middle bottom is new (anyone recognize him?)

People are trying to say that Masks is a 'end cap' to EH, but this seems to imply a completely new direction. I mean, they seem to be adding a lot of new investigators to the canon which is surprising because Eldritch is the only one that has hit the cap. The card game and mansions have plenty left to pull from.

Thoughts?

Edited by Soakman
1 hour ago, Soakman said:

AH! WUUUT is happening! I am starting to wonder if the typical patterns for releases are going somewhere I never expected, and are starting to be shaken up...

Sefina was new to AH living card game, and there were 4 others introduced in mansions, and now I spy Daniela, and I am pretty sure the guy in the middle bottom is new (anyone recognize him?)

People are trying to say that Masks is a 'end cap' to EH, but this seems to imply a completely new direction. I mean, they seem to be adding a lot of new investigators to the canon which is surprising because Eldritch is the only one that has hit the cap. The card game and mansions have plenty left to pull from.

Thoughts?

Minor Correction... Elder Sign has the same 48 Investigators as EH (as, obviously, does AH).

Edited by KBlumhardt
3 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Minor Correction... Elder Sign has the same 48 Investigators as EH (as, obviously, does AH).

Fair enough. Elder sign is the only Arkham Files game I don't collect. :)

She seems fun. Wonder what a "Resource" is

What about Calvin Wright in the picture too, or is he an Ally / Unique Asset?

That's Personal Story card, so he's an investigator.

8 hours ago, SDW740 said:

What about Calvin Wright in the picture too, or is he an Ally / Unique Asset?

Do you think that's Calvin? It doesn't look anything like his AH picture...

2 hours ago, KBlumhardt said:

Do you think that's Calvin? It doesn't look anything like his AH picture...

It's got his name on the card.

1 hour ago, mulletcheese said:

I must be blind... I don't see it. Are you talking about the card next to Sefina's in the picture above?

1 hour ago, mulletcheese said:

I'm sorry, but where is that? I can't see it.

Also, I'm with KBlumhardt, I don't think it looks a thing like Calvin. It could be a new character. Or maybe it's another type of card, it looks like a card back.

The full size image on Facebook clearly shows his name.

27 minutes ago, Matt620 said:

I'm sorry, but where is that? I can't see it.

Also, I'm with KBlumhardt, I don't think it looks a thing like Calvin. It could be a new character. Or maybe it's another type of card, it looks like a card back.

I'm sure that, like was pointed out, those are the personal story cards. There is definitely a name printed on the bottom of the card (it's easier to see if you go to the actual Facebook page) and it could be Calvin (the first letter looks like either a "C" or and "E") but I certainly can't tell for sure. I'm pretty sure Calvin has been portrayed as Caucasian in his previous appearances, so I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, mulletcheese said:

The full size image on Facebook clearly shows his name.

Like I said... it certainly could be. I definitely wouldn't say "clearly" though. Makes sense they would add him, since he's technically an existing Investigator, though!

40 minutes ago, KBlumhardt said:

Like I said... it certainly could be. I definitely wouldn't say "clearly" though. Makes sense they would add him, since he's technically an existing Investigator, though!

Capture.PNG.a641fe50b08ddb24262cec8f2c8585c6.PNG

It is very clearly Calvin Wright. I didn't think it looked like him either, but there's really no disputing it.

4 minutes ago, Soakman said:

Capture.PNG.a641fe50b08ddb24262cec8f2c8585c6.PNG

It is very clearly Calvin Wright. I didn't think it looked like him either, but there's really no disputing it.

Wow... Okay... you got that picture waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay clearer than mine looks (Is that the one from the Chaosium FB page?). Thanks!

Edited by KBlumhardt

Yeah, that picture is way better. I can see it now, thanks.

As for the difference in race, there might be an explanation. Perhaps "Calvin Wright" is just a name that passes from one man to another.

Edited by Matt620
1 hour ago, KBlumhardt said:

Wow... Okay... you got that picture waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay clearer than mine looks (Is that the one from the Chaosium FB page?). Thanks!

I believe so. I didn't source it, I just snipped it from the image I had seen. I doubt anyone manipulated it because (and maybe I'm gullible, but...) just why? Seems like a lot of effort to go to for no reason. There are such easier and larger targets to troll than a group of lovecraft boardgame enthusiasts.

I didn't ever really have the opportunity to use Calvin Wright in AH so I don't really know what he's all about. Seems a weird choice to make a permanent addition though based on his AH abilities.

Something I noticed when you look at the promo pictures.

This is a big box expansion. All of the big box expansions came with 8 investigators. If they are sticking to pattern, they would've needed three more anyway with Carson, Mateo, Agatha, Preston, and Sefina already made. Why not use Calvin if they already had him? If the patterns hold true, they would need one more female investigator.

1 hour ago, Soakman said:

I believe so. I didn't source it, I just snipped it from the image I had seen. I doubt anyone manipulated it because (and maybe I'm gullible, but...) just why? Seems like a lot of effort to go to for no reason. There are such easier and larger targets to troll than a group of lovecraft boardgame enthusiasts.

I didn't ever really have the opportunity to use Calvin Wright in AH so I don't really know what he's all about. Seems a weird choice to make a permanent addition though based on his AH abilities.

Oh... don't get me wrong, I don't think for a minute it's fake. I was just curious where the clearer image came from. I'm actually really happy to see Calvin back as an Investigator (and I kinda called it a few months back... https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/252635-new-expansion-streets-of-arkham/?do=findComment&comment=2850403 ... sorta). I hated having an abandoned Investigator in the Arkham Files games (I know he's showed up as an Ally, but still...).

I wonder if his abilities will somehow affect Campaign mode, considering his being "The Damned". That would be cool... as long as it didn't make him less playable in non-campaign play.