The inquisitors handbook weapons

By Techpriest support, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

14 hours ago, Lynata said:

The best games are those where you have one character be the accepted and, for narrative/story purposes permanent, leader, but who is still willing to listen to suggestions and have an ear for the other characters' input and concerns.

If it's a game about some structure with a clear vertical of power (IG, or, I agree with you, DW) - then yes, because it's inseparable background. But I can remember something around 15 DH games where the acolytes were equal, and the Inquisitor was a distant figure with which they did not even meet, at least until high levels. Sometimes party choose the leader, but mostly not. And all infighting between PCs, if happened, didn't spoil the game for players, even if they led to the death of the party. Well, maybe my players are really good at separating Characters from themselves and sometimes even at rapid cooperation in critical conditions :-)

Personally after a bad experience with a "little Hitler" player whose goal was to turn the game into his private power trip and dominate the other players I am very hesitant about having a player "in charge". Also if a player tries turning into another " player as master of the group" i'd take his character out.

This player was a very immature and selfish bully who I suspect had an extra y chromosome .

Of course the game group I joined was pretty bad. They let him do it.

6 hours ago, Techpriest support said:

Of course the game group I joined was pretty bad. They let him do it.

That's the thing -- I believe that if you have this sort of player in the group, it doesn't actually matter whether the game "officially" makes them the leader, or if they continuously attempt to assert the authority they crave.

This reminds me a little of the "Commissar Conundrum" in Only War, where you hear horror stories from some groups where some people keep killing other player characters for fun. But it's not the role that is the mistake here, it's that they let this sort of player remain at the table.

Perhaps also count all pistols with range >35m as having "Carbine" customization from OW. That is, they have folding or detachable stocks and count either as a carbine with stated Range (Basic, if used with one hand either -10 BS or maybe range x1/2 because it already has pistol grip), or as a pistol, with range x2/3 (for Longbarrel variant - depending on the interpretation of multipliers, maybe x3/4 if you use Extended Barrel customization instead). Switching between the profiles either as reload or just a Half action. I suspect Mars IV (Range 70) was supposed to represent the laser version of Mauser Broomhandle design popping up in 40k art, anyway. Which in turn makes sense, since there's no point to stick batteries in less convenient places when you can pull wires anywhere. And those Archeotech Laspistols (Range 90) are stated to have folding stocks and longer barrels already. Or maybe just consider it a carbine with pistol handle that can be used in melee.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, Jargal said:

Yes, the rules was copypasted word by word, but OW books offer a much larger list of weapons with additional rules for variant patterns, so it's much easier to judge what weapons should receive such benefits and what not.

More baselines for non-Primitive weapons, yes.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, Jargal said:

Personally, I would add "variable setting" (in addition to standard list of laspistol, las carbine, lasgun, long las) to: Drusus Prime Pattern lasgun; Mars Pattern Mark III short lasgun and Mark IV command laspistol; Roth Pattern lightning lasgun; Stormfront lasgun.

That is, anything which ate overcharge packs in DH? I'm not sure how Sollex las design would be best converted without them.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:38 PM, Techpriest support said:

This player was a very immature and selfish bully who I suspect had an extra y chromosome .

That's very unlikely. An extra X chromosome, however… may lead to more or less this. But that usually also reflects on the face.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:45 PM, Lynata said:

This reminds me a little of the "Commissar Conundrum" in Only War, where you hear horror stories from some groups where some people keep killing other player characters for fun. But it's not the role that is the mistake here, it's that they let this sort of player remain at the table.

Well, yeah. And in Duh & Duh it's usually "OMG munchkin players munch everything, now let's nerf everything" or "OMG jackass DM put a paladin into contrived fall/fall situation again". For decades. :D

3 hours ago, TBeholder said:

That is, anything which ate overcharge packs in DH? I'm not sure how Sollex las design would be best converted without them.

I'm not sure I understand you. Lasweapons in my list all are military variants without specifical abilities/rules, so it's logical to find variable setting on them.