Assessment Checks and Opportunities

By Daitora, in Rules Questions

Do you get to use opportunities from assessment checks at the start of a conflict?

For example, at the start of a skirmish, if I make a TN 1 Tactics (Water) check, and gain one opportunity from that roll, do I get to move one range band? Or, if I make it as a Tactics (Fire) check, can I use that one opportunity to increase my initiative by one at the start of the next round?

I haven't seen anything explicitly state that you can not spend the opportunity, but I wanted to get the community's feelings on the subject. Does spending opportunity from the assessment check sound like RAI, and do you think that is a good thing? Or have you read in the rules anything that says there are specific circumstances you can't spend opportunities?

It sounds reasonable and I'm unable to recall any rules preventing that

I assumed that would be possible, but maybe a little more clarification would be good!

On 10/8/2017 at 4:32 PM, Daitora said:

Do you get to use opportunities from assessment checks at the start of a conflict?

For example, at the start of a skirmish, if I make a TN 1 Tactics (Water) check, and gain one opportunity from that roll, do I get to move one range band? Or, if I make it as a Tactics (Fire) check, can I use that one opportunity to increase my initiative by one at the start of the next round?

I haven't seen anything explicitly state that you can not spend the opportunity, but I wanted to get the community's feelings on the subject. Does spending opportunity from the assessment check sound like RAI, and do you think that is a good thing? Or have you read in the rules anything that says there are specific circumstances you can't spend opportunities?

I'd say yes.