Driven by Hatred and conditions

By kingofpain97, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

swi46-driven-by-hatred.png.72ae96d19b17e

Is Vader still effected by conditions when he does his end of the round attack? Also, would he lose weakened after doing it, or would it be lost at the end of his activation the following round?

He is affected by conditions, because none of the them are lost during end of the round step.

Weakened condition isn't removed, because end of round attack or force choke is not an activation, and the card clearly states "discard this card at the end of your activation".

Notice, that you cannot use end of round attack and move when you are stunned, but you can use Force Choke (stunned status blocks only attack and move actions and doesnt affect special actions)

See the above answer by @Szycha .

The beneficial conditions and Weakened do not care how the figure ended up performing an attack. Also, Focused and Hidden conditions are discarded after performing any attack.

Stunned prevents you from voluntarily exiting your space and declaring attacks, whatever the source.

Performing end of round abilities are not activations, so Weakened is not discarded.

Bleeding only applies to actions and during your activation, so it does not apply to end of round stuff nor when you don't spend actions to perform abilities. (For example the attack from Heroic .)

I can't wrap my head around this: If Vader is stunned during the round, he is able to Force Choke for his end of round action?

Notice, that you cannot use end of round attack and move when you are stunned, but you can use Force Choke (stunned status blocks only attack and move actions and doesnt affect special actions)

Isn't Force Choke an 'attack action' ? It has the action symbol next to it, and it does do damage, and I can't see where one can differentiate between an attack and Force Choke.

43 minutes ago, gcanders said:

I can't wrap my head around this: If Vader is stunned during the round, he is able to Force Choke for his end of round action?

Isn't Force Choke an 'attack action' ? It has the action symbol next to it, and it does do damage, and I can't see where one can differentiate between an attack and Force Choke.

It's easier to stop thinking as "attacks" but " attack actions ". Every figure in skirmish may only spend 1 of their 2 actions as an attack action

An attack action could contain multiple attacks, for example vanilla Vader or RGC's Brutality

If the text contains "attack" then it's classified as an attack action , just because it does damage does not mean it's always an attack action

For example, Captain Terro's "Flamethrower" is also not an attack action, but Shyla's "Mandalorian whip" is an attack action

That's why Force Choke isn't an attack action, the arrow thing means it's a special action and being Stunned doesn't prevent you from performing special actions

Edited by ricope

Force Choke isn't an attack action because it doesn't allow to perform an attack . It's even mentioned in the RRG as an example of such.

Abilities said:

An ability that causes one or more figures to suffer damage (such as Darth Vader's "Force Choke") is not considered to be an attack and does not count toward a figure's attack limitations.

Stunned prevents a figure from declaring an attack, which is the same as declaring target, the first step of performing an attack . A stunned figure can still try to perform an attack as part of some ability (provided it didn't already perform another action that contained one or more attacks during its activation), but the attack won't get performed.

Edited by a1bert