Cache refresh or 1.1.1.1?

By Sixter, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Which limited format do you like better?

Which one seems more popular at the moment?

Will the revised core set make the old core set obsolete in those formats you think?

I like Cache Refresh better. I think it may displace 1.1.1.1 as it’s much simpler to administer and it has official company support.

But yes, I fully expect rotation and the Revised Core Set to be the norm in 1.1.1.1 going forward—there’s no doubt at all RCS will apply to CR format.

Cache Refresh sounds the most interesting to me. I like the idea of continuing discontinued cards but in a way that doesn't make them as common as in rotation cards. I'm not certain the revised core set will be the norm. I expect that as the new meta develops many of the phased out cards will have to be reincarnated in a way that does what they did without being abused if not just out right reprinted. As with any major rules update and change it doesn't remove powered net-lists completely, It just makes a new powered net-list that is on top.

Cache Refresh doesn't continue discontinued cards.

Revised core set+one Deluxe+Terminal Directive+most recent two Data Pack cycles. As soon as Sovereign Sight is released, even Flashpoint will rotate out of CR.

I genuinely don’t think the original core set has any place in any format going forward.