Question about expansion

By maamets, in Doom

I read some reviews about Doom expansion but I did not get a streight understanding if with the expansion it would be possible to play the standard capmain scenarios now with 5 marines + 1 invader or I am still limited to 3 +1?

I did understand that 6 players are definetly supported by the new game modes like capture the flag and such but my most concern is that the group I usually play board games consists of 5 to 6 people and I would like to play the standard sceanrios with 6 players.

Not without tweaking the rules/scenarios quite a bit. CtF and DM multiplayer stuff supports up to six players.

Thanks.

I actually tried to run a tweaked standard Doom game with 4 marines and 1 invader. As we used the simplest of rules the marines where practically unkillable. I think when using more than 3 marines the difficulty level needs to be at core or higher even.

The expansion includes 3 extra marine figures, each holding chainsaws instead of shotguns, and they are the same colors (i.e. Red, Blue and Green). The intent is to use them in the Deathmatch/CTF modes of the game that come with the expansion, not to be used in the normal missions of the game.

The "tweaking" needed for that many marines might just be the standard "difficulty" levels that come with the expansion. Just use a tougher mod and that might balance things out.

-shnar