Play-by-post Roleplay in Rokugan

By marshzd, in Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game Beta

Looks nice! For the purpose of character creation, are there any guidelines as to what would fit to the campaign? From the looks of it, the Beta is somewhat limited in terms of archetypes (e.g. no ronin or ashigaru), but even so I still have several ideas I'd be interested in pursuing.

For example, I notice that the two samurai already signed up are both of the Crane -- would it be wise to submit another Crane character, or was that coincidence and other Clans are an option, too? Needless to say, both options would have their own advantages, one allowing more freedom, but the other a greater connection between the dramatis personae.

3 minutes ago, Lynata said:

Looks nice! For the purpose of character creation, are there any guidelines as to what would fit to the campaign? From the looks of it, the Beta is somewhat limited in terms of archetypes (e.g. no ronin or ashigaru), but even so I still have several ideas I'd be interested in pursuing.

For example, I notice that the two samurai already signed up are both of the Crane -- would it be wise to submit another Crane character, or was that coincidence and other Clans are an option, too? Needless to say, both options would have their own advantages, one allowing more freedom, but the other a greater connection between the dramatis personae.

I am encouraging both play based on the game system, and play that's just roleplay (no die rolls, just character interaction and story). So you can really do either. And make a character from any clan that you want. Whatever inspires you to be the most active. :)

Should we make character sheets or something?

18 minutes ago, Rivina said:

Should we make character sheets or something?

They don't have a character sheet for this version yet, but I use fancy HTML and the character page to make something cool. I'm working on it now, you can see where it's at so far.

http://epicwords.com/characters/15037

I have made the leap (for now) and am getting to work on a character. Major questions include: how do we resolve like... heritage and junk. Just pick it ourselves?

Heritage is probably something the GM should roll for us, considering its importance?

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:01 PM, Richardbuxton said:

Orokos.com is a really nice online roller for PBP, unfortunately there's no syntax for rolling xd6 and yd12 at the same time, you need to make separate rolls. But everything is time stamped, with the campaign, character and description tied to the roll.

Example:

Testing roller, Water Strike : 3#1d6 4 3 6

Testing roller, Water Strike : 1d12 3

according to the conversion chart that's:

Opp/Str

Suc/Str

Exp/Str

and

Suc

choosing to keep the d12 Suc, d6 Opp/STR and Exp/Str d6 I reroll:

Test dice Water Strike exp reroll : 1d6 6

Annother exploded die!

Keep that to bring tally up to:

3 Suc, 1Opp, 3Str

next reroll:

Test dice Water Strike exp reroll 2 : 1d6 2

That's 1 more success;

4 Success, 1 Opportunity, 3 Strife.

with the Water Stance I could choose to ignore 2 of those Strife.

You can roll different dice at the same time. You just have to read the detailed results to get the individual die numbers.

Test : 2d6+1d12 14 [2d6=4, 4] [1d12=6]

Orokos also allows for custom system dice, including FFG Star Wars. So, they may expand that to Genesys and L5R eventually.

Can I join if I'm a Kolat?

I really want to see how the Kolat can fit in the new environment.

Edited by Nitenman

Right, I forgot about Orokos!

Looks like I rolled a 10 . Is this okay, GM? (also, I tinkered some with my application and have added a background section to the character)

6 hours ago, Nitenman said:

lzsChlV.gif

Edited by Lynata

Sorry Im failing to see what This gift exactly mean :) @lynata

Are you shocked or did I raise your curiosity ?

Mostly the former, a little of the latter. :D

I mean, personally, I can see the potential, but at the same time it screams of the kind of party conflict that the players will see coming, but won't be able to have their characters prepare for it, which ... ehh. >_>

Oh wow. I just looked at the page again and the first paragraph of Yuki's backstory is so much like the one I had in mind. :lol:

Not-actually-Tainted-albinos FTW! Starts painting an Albino Pride wall scroll.

Just wanted to bump this post - We have an ongoing roleplaying session going on. Feel free to join and start your own official games and DM's especially fire something up if you would like. :)

On 10/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, Nitenman said:

I really want to see how the Kolat can fit in the new environment.

Nitenman, you should do it. My character, Bayushi Isao, is interested in having a nemesis. Someone from the Kolat would do nicely.

On 10/28/2017 at 0:15 PM, marshzd said:

Just wanted to bump this post - We have an ongoing roleplaying session going on. Feel free to join and start your own official games and DM's especially fire something up if you would like. :)

Do you have space for anymore players or have you hit your limit?