Please Let Me Know When It's Up

By Kakita Shijin, in Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game Beta

I'll enable notifications for this post; please kindly reply to let me know when the PDF is available. Good idea, right?! ?

Of course, many of you might like to enable notifications for this post too.

PS - Clever trolling is always welcome. ?

Sorry to make a notification show up, but I want to confirm that my understanding is correct that a solid date for the beta start hasn't been set yet. Last Tuesday we got "next week" and it's already Wednesday. In theory it could be today, but we also could be waiting for a few more days, right?

But I mean, I feel you completely. I'm chomping at the bit for some sweet, sweet, L5R RPG stuff myself.

I was on pins and needles all day yesterday hoping for news, but no luck. Right now, I'm guessing that release will probably be Friday because it would be kind of weird to have the beta drop on LCG first sale day. I guess? Maybe there's some synergy there I'm not aware of.

I was hoping yesterday would be the day; a week after the announcement. All summer long Wednesdays were L5R lcg days though ... ?

The first update is new fiction, not the beta yet.

I saw that ... now the PDF seems less likely to drop today ?

I don't mean to be too negative here, but I wish companies would work in a way to make their customers more happy. If you say "next week", do it on Monday or
Tuesday! Everyone will be super happy. If you wait until the end of the week, people are going to be annoyed. It's just little things, ya know?

But I'm excited regardless, hoping that it drops sooner rather than later!

It isn't what day that bugs me, it is not knowing. I know they planned the release, if it is Friday just say so. You can always release early and surprise people.

But for a play test, early is better. We can read up before the weekend.

Edited by Manic Modron
3 minutes ago, Manic Modron said:

It isn't what day that bugs me, it is not knowing. I know they planned the release, if it is Friday just say so. You can always release early and surprise people.

But for a play test, early is better. We can read up before the weekend.

I was thinking about that too. Which is worse though. Saying "It will drop Tuesday" and then it not dropping Tuesday, due to some unforeseen but perfectly reasonable event. Or Just saying "Next Week"?

For alerts saying Friday is better than saying no date which is better than saying Monday and missing it.

Are-are we really complaining that the mostly developed, totally free, and almost certainly awesome product being graciously given to us by FFG isn't on a more publicly tight schedule? A week window for release is actually really good. (I'm looking at you, Q4 Genesys.) I think this is a great move by FFG to help a lot of fans get excited about the game and give them a chance to have a bit of input on the product. If we start complaining about the more specific (and possibly uncontrollable) details, doesn't that make us look a little ungrateful?

I'm posting from my phone so I'm probably more curt than I intend. I do apologise for that.

But no, criticism of policy is not necessary ungrateful. As you mention with Genesys, FFG has a frustratingly vague release schedule.

I don't care what date they release it, I just have a personal hangup with uncertainty.

I think that's the problem most of us have, Modron. People like me are sitting here day after day just waiting, it's awful but I can't stop because I'm too excited. A buddy was so confident that it would come out today that I had trouble sleeping. Mayhaps that's not a good thing though...

*Wishes I could cast the Want it Need it spell* :D

I'm in Puerto Rico and since Monday I have been driving to areas with internet signal just to download this (I have a Kindle fully charged waiting for the file).

It is more problem than it should be considering my current situation. But what can I say? I played 1st edition since day 1 and have all the stuff from that edition (sans the Travelloges and Otosan Uchi)

Tomorrow is when the LCG officially hits shelves, right? Seems like that might be when it will drop.

8 minutes ago, Blackbird888 said:

Tomorrow is when the LCG officially hits shelves, right? Seems like that might be when it will drop.

I'm desperately hoping you're right, though I doubt my Hero Quest will be super pleased with me reading L5R during the game hahaha

24 minutes ago, ajtheronin said:

I'm in Puerto Rico and since Monday I have been driving to areas with internet signal just to download this (I have a Kindle fully charged waiting for the file).

It is more problem than it should be considering my current situation. But what can I say? I played 1st edition since day 1 and have all the stuff from that edition (sans the Travelloges and Otosan Uchi)

Hope you and family is ok. I’m from Puerto Rico too, however I moved out more than a decade ago. My family didn’t suffer major damage, though, thank God.

Edited by Nheko

It's here! Check your emails!

Hope you enjoy the adventure ^^

3 minutes ago, Daigotsu Max said:

It's here! Check your emails!

Hope you enjoy the adventure ^^

Thanks Max!

Woah! NOT Genesys! R&K (though not D10)

Had to get on DriveThu... Well, at least i got it.