Are Pre-Order Exclusives still available?

By JamesWG, in Twilight Imperium

A buddy of mine asked about pre-ordering at a LGS to get the exclusives and the email they got back from their distributor (Alliance) said the pre-order exclusives were no longer available as of about a month ago.

But since distributors are notorious for just making stuff up I was wondering of anyone knows if this is true?

Thanks.

I don't know the answer myself, but I've had a similar experience.

My FLGS charged me $130 for TI4 preorder. But they had to check with their distributer for the preorder content.

This was the first week of October.

So they sent me a text that the hardcover book would cost an additional $15. Which I paid this week. But now I see that there should also be two artprints. ??? I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

My pre-order shipped today.

:/

No, they did indeed announce (somewhere) about a month ago that all the exclusives had sold out.

It's only the lorebook anyway, right?

20 minutes ago, Stefan said:

A single deluxe hardcover of the Learn to Play manual, the Rules Reference, and the lorebook combined, with plenty of high-res art; and two small wall posters, one of the box cover and one of War Sun art.

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

The lorebook is also in the base game. The hardcover book does also contain all the race-stories from the back of the racesheets and three designer notes that cannot be found in the regular rulebooklets. I haven't noticed any other differences. But considering that it didn't cost extra, it's quite fine and the hardcover books is delicious :)