No Concussion Missiles in Decimator.

By topacesteve, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

Taken from wookipedia, i present you some Decimator specs , IMHO FFG have made a terribly underpowered ship with too

few crew slots and non existent missile slots. Also who came up with the bomb slot idea? FFG Better issue some new Title Card to add those slots ASAP.

Its unacceptable in toyrnaments for Decimators to fear petty starships like Jumpmaster 5000s. It should be the other way around.

The specs ¨¨:

Armament

There should be at least 2 missile slots , no bomb slot, and 5 crew slots to say the least. Also Countermeasures

should not be discarded immiediately by the use of a certain title card or crew card.

The Decimator wouldn't really use missile slots even if it had tons of them. It's already paying tons of points for a 3-dice PWT, and it's not agile enough to get multiple torpedo/missile shots off in a row, anyway. Besides, FFG bases ordnance slots based on a ship's need for them to fill its role more than its canon armament- An X-wing carried 6 Torpedoes, a Y-wing carried 10, and the A-wing carried 12 missiles. But they Y-wing is the only one of those ships with 2 ordnance slots, because it needed both of them to function as a bomber, as opposed to the more air , sorry, space superiority-based A-wing and X-wing.

As for crew slots... They're pretty abstract as well. A Ship doesn't get a crew slot unless it carries a passenger/co-pilot/systems operator (Gunners whose sole job it is to operate a secondary gun, like on the SF or Y-wing, don't count). A second crew slot generally represents significant passenger space, with a third crew slot being reserved for largest transports (The Ghost could arguably count as well, but does anyone seriously want the Ghost to get even beefier?). Look at it this way; Your decimator has more crew slots than the CR90 Corvette, despite the corvette having a crew complement ranging from thirty to one hundred sixty five, as well as potentially hundreds of passengers.

This is a game?

On 10/3/2017 at 3:34 AM, topacesteve said:

Taken from wookipedia, i present you some Decimator specs , IMHO FFG have made a terribly underpowered ship with too

few crew slots and non existent missile slots. Also who came up with the bomb slot idea? FFG Better issue some new Title Card to add those slots ASAP.

Its unacceptable in toyrnaments for Decimators to fear petty starships like Jumpmaster 5000s. It should be the other way around.

The specs ¨¨:

Armament

Obviously not all Star Wars universe loadouts translate perfectly onto the table-top. Otherwise, we'd be seeing some crazy stuff. I'd also argue that the Jumpmaster is out of balance with the game, while the Decimator seems to be well balanced for its cost. They probably also wanted to allow for ships that were a bit more unique in flavor. Plus, it has 3 crew slots. This is the most that will likely ever be on any kind of Large base ship since it isn't on that many. I do agree that the Bomb slot is strange, but the difference between missile and torpedo slots seems somewhat interchangeable as a game mechanic.

It's also pretty late to come to the party and grouch about this. This ship has been out for quite some time.

I see your point, and i agree with your opinion. Still its just striking to me how vulnerable to enemy missiles a decimator can be.