New DLC & Update

By The Cocky Rooster, in Road to Legend

1.4.0 - Released

27 SEPTEMBER - FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES
An all new DLC experience has arrived in Road to Legend. Test your might in the Trials of Frostgate!

I see it on Steam but not on mobile, and even on Steam the Frostgate DLC is not purchasable yet. I wonder if it was released on PC too early by mistake. Hopefully not!

Great news...almost.

Yeah...just saw this. Dropped on Steam this morning. Apps for iOS generally get released on Thursday so maybe tomorrow we will get an official news release from FFG? Same sort of thing happened with the last Mansion of Madness DLC.

Based on the name, I am guessing it is going to be another "progressive" crawl style DLC like "The Delve".

Edited by Otakuon

This is cool news! However, I hope this wasn't the only new Descent content that was suggested at Gencon.

I'm still holding out hope for another physical content release to round out the Mage and Healer classes!

Edited by Charmy

It's on iPad, just updated mine. No real details though.

Just downloaded it. There are 4 challenges, and for The Bear at least it looks like it's just a case of surviving as many rounds as possible. Could be fun, but not a full campaign.

Additional language support: very nice. Looking forward to the quests for the weekend.

1 hour ago, pxl said:

Just downloaded it. There are 4 challenges, and for The Bear at least it looks like it's just a case of surviving as many rounds as possible. Could be fun, but not a full campaign.

Pretty much what I expected it to be. The word "Trial" gave it away. Not as exciting as it could have been but new content is better than no content.

And I also agree that at least one more physical expansion focusing on magic classes would be welcome.

Best part of the update is that the international languages are in! Finally I can play with my GF in german ;).

as expected international version uploaded, but now i thought that something bigger would come with it . Anyway no annoucement on the website yet, still some hope, But i a am wondering if it will eventually come ?

My 2 cents that a new theme seems to creep out of that release. Something related with ever snowing countries, barbarian tribes, and that picture could be a new ally or lieutenant

3 minutes ago, Tintaglia said:

My 2 cents that a new theme seems to creep out of that release. Something related with ever snowing countries, barbarian tribes, and that picture could be a new ally or lieutenant

I'm hoping you're right. Then after that, they are welcome to do a desert them :-)

Interesting.

All content is good content.

Not what I expected. Im liking the idea of new ways to actually play the game rather than additional similar content, sounds like Bear is a total carnage monster mash. Does this adventure use expansion content though?? Multiple maps?? Is it a slowing down of the programming type for Descent.... no idea.

But new content is good. More please :D

Well, at the very least, maybe the proceeds from this expansion will fund the development of a new campaign that actually takes advantage of what the app can provide. That is, full voice over for all narrative text, true decision making with RP-like elements and a branching narrative where player choices have an impact on how the campaign progresses.

Maybe some day....

1 hour ago, Otakuon said:

Well, at the very least, maybe the proceeds from this expansion will fund the development of a new campaign that actually takes advantage of what the app can provide. That is, full voice over for all narrative text, true decision making with RP-like elements and a branching narrative where player choices have an impact on how the campaign progresses.

Maybe some day....

Id love it and Id pay its worth. But I doubt its worthwhile for FFG to put that extent of effort in.

Id just like more and more app content please :)

14 hours ago, Tintaglia said:

One can hope!

I played almost 5 hours of the new dlc, the Bear trial to be exact.

It used monster from both my monster packs and Mist of Bilehall and Chains of Rust. It was mostly swarming with reanimated, skeleton archers, bone horrors, Dispossessed and zombies.

While we had a great time and reached round 22, and the xp gains comes at a good rate, we kinda felt like we would rather have spent the time on a campagn, with story and travel event and so on.

So FFG give us the other expansion campaigns!! Would love a chains of rust/Mist of Bilehall app version.

Can no longer load save game or start new game after installing new dlc,starting the bear ,our first adventure, and saving it.
Completed nekerhall and trial by fire campaigns no problem prior to installation of new dlc.

Android version 7.0

Samsung Tab S3.

Road to legend version 1.4.0(360)

Thanks for the help

Still no save feature. Auto-save doesnt work in many cases for example if you mess up a rule and want to restart the mission.

Thanks Slanesh. I assume and hope a fix is in the works.