Star Wars Battlefront II AND Star Wars Battlefront 2004

By Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun, in X-Wing Off-Topic

I actually need to dust this one off here soon. I think the last time I played it was at least two years ago. Even though it is a 3 year old game now, its still just **** incredible looking.

On 4/29/2020 at 8:00 AM, Odanan said:

I hope they do something different next time, instead of making Battlefront like the CoD franchise.

Honestly, I look forward to more story-driven games (like Fallen Order), for instance:

• A "Jedi Academy" title set in Luke's Jedi (Disney canon) temple;
  • A The Mandalorian game (maybe set before the events of the series?);
  • A game fully focused in space combat (like X-Wing, but more streamlined). Why not with Wedge Antilles as main character? You, as a player, could participate of SO MANY important battles in the Star Wars (new) canon. Dang, I need this.

I think you hit on a big problem for the Battlefront games. They are one game for a very wide audience that are all looking for different things in a Star Wars game.

I think while there was some justification with the anger over the progression system they had intended to start with for a lot of players it was an easier "out" than saying "I don't want to be AI for the guy who gets the hero." I think there was a very serious under-estimation of how much the heroes turned away a lot of players. It got piled on to lootcrate-gate but I think a lot of the outraged never had any intentions of getting the game.

5 hours ago, Frimmel said:

I think you hit on a big problem for the Battlefront games. They are one game for a very wide audience that are all looking for different things in a Star Wars game.

I think while there was some justification with the anger over the progression system they had intended to start with for a lot of players it was an easier "out" than saying "I don't want to be AI for the guy who gets the hero." I think there was a very serious under-estimation of how much the heroes turned away a lot of players. It got piled on to lootcrate-gate but I think a lot of the outraged never had any intentions of getting the game.

Last bit hits the nail on the head. With regard to heroes, yeah. That's pretty much my experience. Battlefront II 2 is personally, weighed down every time a hero comes into the fray. I have never found fighting a hero fun, and frankly even less as another hero. Rebalance after rebalance also made it impossible for me to keep up with the hero mechanics, and blaster heroes are essentially worthless.

I really do not enjoy playing against someone's power fantasy.

Did they ever come out with a no Heroes mode?

1 hour ago, Jo Jo said:

Did they ever come out with a no Heroes mode?

They had a few weekend events where there were no heroes in Galactic Assault. They weren't very popular from my understanding but I don't have any numbers on that. I enjoyed the game very much those weekends. Though there were a few issues since some of the maps kind of need heroes to push through chokepoints. The game is designed around having the heroes.

Most of the folks who seem diehard about the game(s) want the heroes. In some ways they fixed the heroes (taking away that wall hack Rey had at the outset for instance) but they ended up giving all of the hero characters a health regen that doesn't take a card slot.

I'd just like a Battlefield 3/Battlefield 4 "Lite" but not all the way back to Battlefield Bad Company 2 with a Star Wars skin (preferable one that ignores the sequels.) With the "Bad Batch" Clone Wars episodes though having been finished and broadcast my dream is that we'll get a Battlefront: Bad Batch game. A Bad Batch single-player campaign with Clones/Droids no heroes multi-player.

3 hours ago, Frimmel said:

Wi th the "Bad Batch" Clone Wars episodes though having been finished and broadcast my dream is that we'll get a Battlefront: Bad Batch game. A Bad Batch single-player campaign with Clones/Droids no heroes multi-player.

That would be awesome!

Been playing BF2 since it came out and have played it since then and probably will for a while more. I understand why Starfighter stuff never really got any more new things since a different team was responsible but man I would have loved if they were convinced or something to come back for another map or something. Also while no more big updates coming is sad it would be cool if we got another skin or two down the line, pilot Luke would be awesome.

I do hope we do start seeing more star wars games soon, a lot of possibilities that others have touched on

Did they ever make it so you could just pick a trilogy timeperiod and stay with it?

I swear to ****, I am sick to ****** death of battledroids...

1 hour ago, NotBatman said:

Did they ever make it so you could just pick a trilogy timeperiod and stay with it?

I swear to ****, I am sick to ****** death of battledroids...

A little. In the co-op modes you can pick a side and pick an era or "Play Any." In the Supremacy modes the map rotation is era locked for again a "Play Any" or pick an era. They even limit the heroes to being era appropriate though I guess there could be a debate about Maul being available on OT era maps. I think one of the solo/arcade modes is also era locked.