Typos, errors, etc.

By HallertauRogue, in Talisman

Well I found my first typo in the revised 4th edition!

Druid character card: "For example, if you are carrying the Runsword and you wish to pray at the Chapel, you must ditch the Runeword ."

Anyone find anything else?

There's a typo in your typo .. gui%C3%B1o.gif

(But, yes, good spot on that one ... I hope there's not too many more)

The Runesword on the Druid looks fine to me!

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=243

You need to click on the image on the webpage to get a higher resolution. Low resolution images tend to get blurred and fuzzy which in turn looks like typos that don't actually exist.

The card definitely contains a typo.

The concept of the Runesword is mentioned twice. It is spelled correctly the first time; it is spelled "Runeword" the second time. The "s" is missing.

+++++

Quick edit to clarify: I'm looking at the actual physical card; it's right in front of me. I got the game yesterday. So, yes, it's typo-riffic.

TheDukester said:

Haha! Edited.

Looks like it was fixed for the web preview then. It's spelled correctly at least once on the card aplauso.gif

Don't suppose the actual object card is called runsword too?

Carrion Prince said:

The Runesword on the Druid looks fine to me!

http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=243

You need to click on the image on the webpage to get a higher resolution. Low resolution images tend to get blurred and fuzzy which in turn looks like typos that don't actually exist.

It does exist. I have the game and the card is right in front of me. True that the image you linked to does NOT have that typo, but the card included in the production run of the game does indeed have the error. As was mentioned, Runesword is only spelled incorrectly the second time used in the sentence.

HallertauRogue said:

TheDukester said:

Huh? I included the typo as it appears on the card.

HallertauRogue , you typed *chatacter* instead of *cha®acter* character.

Sorry but it's way too funny that the post about spotting typos contained a spelling error partido_risa.gif

Carrion Prince said:

Sorry but it's way too funny that the post about spotting typos contained a spelling error partido_risa.gif

FFG charges you $50 for typos. I'll give them out for free!

Carrion Prince said:

Don't suppose the actual object card is called runsword too?

Well ... now you made me look. gui%C3%B1o.gif

No, the card looks fine. Three mentions of "Runesword," all with the required number of letters (and in the right order, too!)

i guess when it comes to talisman nobody/company is typo proof happy.gif

Perhaps it's not a typo...

Maybe if you have the Runesword and go to the Chapel you aren't allowed to mention the word Rune.... gui%C3%B1o.gif

Yeah Elliot mention this on the old forums as a mistake they already noticed too late.