CNinja's Imperial Fleet

By CaribbeanNinja, in Star Wars: Armada Painting and Modification

As if there could be a CNinja Rebel fleet! :) (There is one but we don't mention such things)

I wanted to post these to get me off my butt and finish my Quasar. That way the entire fleet could assemble! I also want to eventually post one with ALL of my squadrons...

I was inspired by Rogue One to have a pristine Imperial fleet. (Of course the one ship not pictured is my ISD :) )

fIMvt7k.jpg

Now with an ISD and Squads:

L9Umlyf.jpg

Edited by CaribbeanNinja

I like it, I'll admit that was one of the things about Rogue One I initially found jarring. It has since grown on me though.

Love it. Looks beautiful. I'm midway on an ISD repaint right now, and I hope mine turns out as nicely as these fresh Imperial beasts!

These are trash and you should give them away.

I have a nice trash can over here that could take care of that for you.

Now that looks like how an Imperial fleet should look.

the Real "Phantom Menace"!

Bout time!!! Show us that ISD, man!

I gotta say I love that clean n crisp look you got. How did you get the lines to pop so well without the "grime" look in the nooks and crannies?

Blue dictor! Finally someone did that! Fits the clean look. Nice

1 hour ago, Noosh said:

I gotta say I love that clean n crisp look you got. How did you get the lines to pop so well without the "grime" look in the nooks and crannies?

LOTS of white dry brush.

I'd usually hit them with one layer and then apply Nuln Oil.

Then many layers of careful white dry brush.

Also, props to my brother, @miferr who designed those replacement VSD antennas using hobby metal. They look so great.

Actually I think I like your fleet better than the slightly ragtag looking paint job of the original. And I never thought I would replace the original Imp paint job. Now I only wish I could paint like that...

2 minutes ago, Norell said:

Actually I think I like your fleet better than the slightly ragtag looking paint job of the original. And I never thought I would replace the original Imp paint job. Now I only wish I could paint like that...

EXACTLY!

That is precisely why I went to this paint job. The original paint scheme (with the random darker gray boxes) wasn't as appealing to me.

On 9/26/2017 at 1:25 PM, CaribbeanNinja said:

LOTS of white dry brush.

Are the white lines in the Raider solar arrays drybrushed? I have a much harder time with raised lines like that than with recessed ones that I can nuln oil...

5 hours ago, Ardaedhel said:

Are the white lines in the Raider solar arrays drybrushed? I have a much harder time with raised lines like that than with recessed ones that I can nuln oil...

Yup. Well, lovingly drybrushed, then Nuln Oil, then highlight very carefully.

More pics Caribbean, more pics, sir.

On 9/26/2017 at 4:25 PM, CaribbeanNinja said:

LOTS of white dry brush.

I just started using this process for my latest Imperial ships... Yours lok better, but I like the effect a lot.

Closeups of the ISD please. I’d like to see that Interdictor up close too.

2 hours ago, WGNF911 said:

Closeups of the ISD please. I’d like to see that Interdictor up close too.

You don't want to see the ISD. He painted it neon orange with green highlights. It's disgusting on the table (and the real reason he "loves" the quasar now....)

#allthesecrets

?

On 26.9.2017 at 2:41 AM, CaribbeanNinja said:

As if there could be a CNinja Rebel fleet! :) (There is one but we don't mention such things)

I wanted to post these to get me off my butt and finish my Quasar. That way the entire fleet could assemble! I also want to eventually post one with ALL of my squadrons...

I was inspired by Rogue One to have a pristine Imperial fleet. (Of course the one ship not pictured is my ISD :) )

fIMvt7k.jpg

Very cute Ninja.

Now show us the ISD.

It's not a real fleet without a real flagship.

I kid, but I have seen these ships up close, as well as @WGNF911 , and they really are spectacular.

22 hours ago, moodswing5537 said:

I kid, but I have seen these ships up close, as well as @WGNF911 , and they really are spectacular.

This is the troof! It is precisely why this picture should be posted @CaribbeanNinja . If you won’t listen to me then surely you’ll listen to your friend, @Green Knight . So, get a dark background, a light, and use the zoom on your iPhone and show us your flagship. It might even make @moodswing5537 crack a smile ;-))

Edited by WGNF911

Bumped because I finally took a photo with my ISD and squads.

yklwo9H.jpg

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Bumped because I finally took a photo with my ISD and squads.

I can't give it another like! :(