How FFG can make up for all the delays…

By Pipisongo, in Tannhauser

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m very disappointed with the Tannhauser line. I bought it thinking it was going to get expanded (like the introduction in the rulebook claims) and have been sorely disappointed. Not disappointed, cheated. That’s the word.

I ordered the game after reading in the online rulebook that there were going to be regular expansions, and more than a year after release, there aren’t any. I was cheated out of my money. Here is what I think FFG needs to do to “make it up” to the fans.

1. Include a new map on the reverse side of the Novgorod expansion. I hear the other side is a repeated map from the base game. That is almost insulting. If it is too late to include a new map because the boards are printed, including a new board with an additional map (or two, one on each side!) would definitely win me over. Getting additional miniatures and weapons does not sound that exciting when you are just getting one new map. Having a total of 3 maps AFTER the expansion is just really sad.

Note I don’t count .pdf as maps, official or otherwise. I paid money for a quality game, and I was expecting quality components.

I’m not into the DIY groove; I prefer to spend my free time actually gaming.

1. Start selling the Wolf miniature expansion again.

I agree with number 1 even though I have WOLF.

Number 2 would be nice, and would love it, however at this point in the game, putting a new map on the back of Novgorod would only delay things even more, so I vote no, but would like to see FFG take time from their other games to sit down, hire some people make a high quality map (2 of them) that looks part of the Tann universe sell it with all the tokens of the month released so far by France.

El Cuajinais said:

Include a new map on the reverse side of the Novgorod expansion. I hear the other side is a repeated map from the base game. That is almost insulting. If it is too late to include a new map because the boards are printed, including a new board with an additional map (or two, one on each side!) would definitely win me over. Getting additional miniatures and weapons does not sound that exciting when you are just getting one new map. Having a total of 3 maps AFTER the expansion is just really sad.

Anyone want my opinion on this?

partido_risa.gif

Don't worry El Cuajinais, I was laughing at the last time the Novgorod repeat-a-map fiasco was brought up, not you.

At this point, just releasing some of the promised products would make up for the delays.

I'm sure there are reasons for the delay's and an explanation from a rep would probably go a long way to smooth things over.

Tannhauser is too good of a property and game to let it sit, unsupported.

I'm sticking with it, at least our community is very lively and FFG does at least now allow us to buy Tannhauser stuff when it hits the store

And yes I totally agree completely that Wolf should be re-released, however I might have sound away around this since I live about 25 minutes from FFG lol so who knows all, maybe a few kind words could go a long way this Christmas :)

Last point I have is why is there not a **** Thompson sub-machine gun in Tannhauser, if you look at real history Alpha's backup rifle is one of the worst firearms ever created, except of course if there was a japanese faction, the nambu pistol lol nambu pistol :)

But yeah have an awesome holiday all, play some sweet games, and roll lots and lots of 10s

It's sad that it's taking forever I think we can all agree on that, but look it's not like FFG makes the game; they just localize it. Translating a game and then making sure all there are no loopholes in the translations with loads of play-testing takes a long time. Plus I'm sure TOY has some say in when they can start with the process in the first place (with new content that is).

I could be wrong, but I'm just stating the obvious from a business stand point. It's not as if we aren't getting anything at all. Personally It's better than a CCG where new sets come out 5 times a year or more and you have to fork over your money to keep up.

Our group has played this game into the ground. We even started doing a draft like scenario with all the characters and just made our own teams. We came with a whole slew of scenarios and even created a large boss like character for two teams to fight simultainously while a third player played the boss character. We then came up with rules to randomize events that could have in the game and even randomized our boss character to a third player wasn't even needed.

After doing all that I have probably not touched this game in 4-6 months.

I guess with all the delays I would really appreciate releasing Wolf again since I didn't get him the first time around.