[DH1] Some Q&A I had with a producer about The Inquisitor's Handbook (Questions 61-70)

By ThenDoctor, in Dark Heresy

61. If the Ironclaw/Irontalon is used as a club, is it considered primitive?
———— > Yes.
62. Do Kraken Tooth Daggers act as Charms as per the actual item?
——— > Not normally, but really up to GM and player; if they come up with a great backstory then sure!
63. If the neural whip is unpowered does it simply lose the Shocking Quality and E damage, and then gain R damage? Or are there other changes to the profile?
———— > Yep.
64. How does the profile change on the Officer's Cutlass if it has a power field?
———— > Remove Shocking and R, gain +4 damage, Power Field, and E. Probably increase to Very Rare and 2.2k cost as well. Think not-quite-as-good power sword in combat (though easier to use in tight quarters).
65. What other sorts of pistols could be put in to a Chimera Pistol Sword?
———— > Up to player and GM really. Most SP types should work ok, but they could device bolt or other interesting types too!
66. What do rounds, and ranged weapons in general, do when fired in the void or 0 gravity situations? In contrast to using Void Rounds?
———— > Most might not do anything if they need oxygen to ignite the shell or propellant, which is probably the norm for most SP rounds.
67. I don't know if it's a common issue (I've asked and others have it as well), but my pdf copy of Inquisitor's Hanbook doesn't have the Navis Prima entry, there's just a "1kg" entry between Melta Gel and Ploin Juice.
———— > Wow, never noticed that before (but don’t use the pdf’s that often). We don’t have the files anymore, but basically the Navis Prima are exceptionally rare maps that show safe warp routes and other closely held secrets of “reliable” warp travel. They are more a narrative item than one that has mechanical rules.
68. Following up on 67 I am wondering if that 1kg weight was an errata for an entry in the gear section for something?
————— > No idea on that one, sorry.
69. Cost and availabilities for Bilge Grenades and Lumenmould?
———— > These should really be things you make on your own (or more likely trade/steal from bilge scum). You can’t walk in a shop and buy them :)
70. Weight for Lumenmould? Assuming Bilge Grenades weight the same as frags.
—————> About the same as a fistful of raw mushrooms :)
22 hours ago, ThenDoctor said:
66. What do rounds, and ranged weapons in general, do when fired in the void or 0 gravity situations? In contrast to using Void Rounds?
———— > Most might not do anything if they need oxygen to ignite the shell or propellant, which is probably the norm for most SP rounds.

So the main accepted architecture is matchlock . Got it. :D