Collecting story snippets

By Drakthal, in Runewars Lore and History of Terrinoth

Hi everyone.

I wanted to hear whether anyone would be willing to join forces and write the story snippets from each pack on for example the wiki. (If this is something that is frowned upon by FFG or by the community as a whole, feel free to delete/ignore this post.)

In general i want to read all the story snippets as they add to the immersiveness of the game, but since i am only collecting Waiqar and Daqan i will not be able to read the Latari and Uthuk parts. Therefore i thought it would be great if people were to combine forces and write in the stories on the wiki. I would be willing to write in the Undead parts both from the core set and all expansions, and would then hope three other people would be willing to write in the Daqan, Latari and Uthuk story bits.

I, personally, think it would be great to add these to the expansion pages on the wiki. We could add a new section under the description and call it "Lore."

I think it would be fine for the regular expansions, but I would hesitate to add longer compositions such as those from the core Lore Guide or Latari Elves Army Expansion.

Edited by Budgernaut

Any progress on this?

Not that I'm aware of. And I only have the core set, so I don't have any of the lore tidbits from the expansion.

I havent had the time. I do however have some time in the weekend where i might go on each unit in the Waiqar List and add the lore bits about thoose.

2 hours ago, Drakthal said:

I havent had theittime. I do however have some time in the weekend where i might go on each unit in the Waiqar List and add the lore bits about thoose.

Great! Just to double check, were you going to add it to the unit pages or to the expansion pages? I was originally thinking expansion, but now I'm thinking the unit page might be better. Thoughts?

Im gonna do it for the Unit Pages, and i just saw that the command units already had their lore text on the wiki.

Okay guys, I've started adding lore. Lore is going to go on each unit page, since each unit should have lore in it's expansion. The only ones I'm not certain of yet are the heroes that come in each faction's "core." There are some short call-outs in the core lore guide that talk about Kari and Ardus, so I went ahead and added those to their unit pages. Hopefully there is something like that in the Latari Elves and Uthuk Y'llan army boxes.

The format is to put a section headed with "Lore" after the "Card Info" and before the "Available From" section. The text should be a direct quote from the lore snippet and should be placed in italics.

The only hangup is the infantry command packs. They don't have any corresponding units, so they will be the only expansions with a lore section, again, right before the Available From section. Alternatively, we could just duplicate the lore so that you can find it on, for example, the Spined Threshers page AND the Spined Threshers Unit Expansion page.

I actually collected up my Latari papers last night and gave most of them a read.

I'm sure that I can punch those into the wiki if pointed in the right direction, the unit expansions only have a couple paragraphs

Edited by Mirkon
31 minutes ago, Mirkon said:

I actually collected up my Latari papers last night and gave most of them a read.

I'm sure that I can punch those into the wiki if pointed in the right direction, the unit expansions only have a couple paragraphs

Excellent! Yeah, just look at the Kari Wraithstalker and Ardus Ix'Erebus pages and copy the format you see there.

Oh wow they are snippits ! The lore bits in the Leonx etc expansions are 1.5 pages :)

4 hours ago, Mirkon said:

Oh wow they are snippits ! The lore bits in the Leonx etc expansions are 1.5 pages :)

Is that the Leonx Riders Unit Expansion or is it the Latari Elves Army Expansion? I'd prefer to not put the entire Latari Elves Army Expansion lore on the wiki because it's a lot of text. I wouldn't expect the Leonx Riders Unit Expansion to have that much lore. For the army expansion, is there just a few paragraphs about Aliana that we could use for her page? She's the only unit in the army box that doesn't have a seperate expansion with its own lore sheetm.

Okay, I'm running up against a conundrum. I have added the lore from the Reanimates Unit Expansion. This was added to the Reanimates page, not the Reanimate Unit Expansion page, which makes sense because Reanimates from both the core set and the expansion share the same lore. However...what do we do about the Infantry Command Unit Upgrade Expansions? They don't have unit pages, so should the Lore go on the page for the expansion pack? And if so, should we move the Lore from the Reanimates to the Reanimates Unit Expansion page?

I've updated the Elves with the first 1-2 paragraphs of the booklets as it serves a nice introduction to the unit

Ok just added all Daqan units released so far that was not added yet. (Lord Hawthorne, Spearmen, Oathsworn Cavalry and Rune Golems)

Later today or tomorrow i plan on adding (Reanimates, Reanimate Archers, Carrion Lancers and Ankaur Maro)

And then i do have Maegan Cyndewil as well, where i can see that only the first paragraph has been added, if noone adds the rest i can do that too.

Furthermore is the Leonx riders complete. It seemed kinda short.

Edited by Drakthal
7 hours ago, Parakitor said:

The Infantry Command Unit Upgrade Expansions don't have unit pages, so should the Lore go on the page for the expansion pack? And if so, should we move the Lore from the Reanimates to the Reanimates Unit Expansion page?

Just reiterating my question (quoted above) in case people missed it.

Id say keep it as is with the infantry command being on the box "the link for the figures go to the box anyways" and that means we can keep the heroes in base boxes on the figure not the box.

9 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Just reiterating my question (quoted above) in case people missed it.

Yes, that was my original dilemma, as I mentioned above.

On 10/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, Budgernaut said:

The only hangup is the infantry command packs. They don't have any corresponding units, so they will be the only expansions with a lore section, again, right before the Available From section. Alternatively, we could just duplicate the lore so that you can find it on, for example, the Spined Threshers page AND the Spined Threshers Unit Expansion page.

So the question is, do we just deal with the inconsistency, or do we duplicate the information? Personally, I'm fine with the inconsistency, but if others feel strongly, having it on both the unit page and the expansion page from whence it came is fine with me.

I liked Drakthal's point above - when you click on the units on the main page, it brings you to their unit page, except for the Command Upgrade figures. Since they link straight to the unit expansion page, I think it's good for them to be exceptions to the rule.

@Parakitor Yeah, my preference would be to exclude the infantry command figures from the units link, but you make a good point. Maybe they could stay there. The thing is, we're making a wiki about the game, not the lore, so it doesn't matter if those are units in the lore because in the game they are not units.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, Budgernaut said:

@Parakitor Yeah, my preference would be to exclude the infantry command figures from the units link, but you make a good point. Maybe they could stay there. The thing is, we're making a wiki about the game, not the lore, so it doesn't matter if those are units in the lore because in the game they are not units.

I agree with this, just let the command packs be an exception the lore is added for a nice aside and no other reason.