Support cards vs Units

By Ringarin, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Trying to figure out deck building strategy. Since units in the area of the capital provide money/draw power is it better to use units or support cards for those abilities? I like the villages and such, but units are easier to get and you have to defend the areas anyways. So it seems to me it would be better to simply start out by using units. What do others think about that?

If you chech the decks here you could see that the players use both.

At least the half of your deck should be units (2/3 in most builds) because units are more versatile. Hovewer supports are often very effective, and many times much more durable than units. (immune to Troll Vomit, Pestilence etc.)

Contested Village is an auto include in almost every deck.

It depends on the ability of the support card. If you have a support card with a negligble ability, a unit will more often be better just for the fact that once your have your quest and kingdom zones built up sufficiently, the unit will have another purpose. As of right now, there are really only 3 neutral support cards that I play with any consistency.

Contested Village - because there are no 1 cost for 1 power units that are allowed to play in quest/kingdom.

Warpstone Evacuation - because orcs need to be as fast as possible and they dont care too much about quest/kingdom corruption.

Abandoned Mine - Its just useful for the decks that play a lot of developments from your deck.

My deck are built around units (28-32 for 50 cards), with miminum supports cards (6 to 9 - 6).

And I faced its Nemesis : Chaos + tons of resources-generating Supports in Kingdom + Nurgle Sorceror + Troll Vomit... I lost any single game to this deck (only my "Empire - Hand Discard" deck managed to win).

BTW, I won't change my deck design, but now I know this design is flawed against dedicated decks.