Clan of Saar Space Dock- Move and Produce?

By ubidubium, in Twilight Imperium

Greetings all.

In TI3, the Clan of Saar space dock was clearly unable to move and then build as the rules state that you can only produce on a planet that you have had control of for the entire turn.

In TI4, the Production card is the only way to produce Space Docks and PDSs. Does this now mean that the Clan of Saar's Space Dock can build after it has moved?

It is not specifically stated in the TI4 rules that you have to control a planet from the beginning of the round before you can produce.

I have played 4 times already with the Clan of Saar being one of the players and we have played that their space docks can indeed move and then build during a tactical action as per the steps of the rules for those actions.

Thanks for your time! Look forward to seeing what you have to say. This may come out in the FAQ or Errata eventually but I'll be getting many more plays in before that so this discussion is necessary.

I commented on this right after I got the game to. I don't see anything that prevents it.

There is no rule preventing it, there for it is legal. It is also an important matter for the Arborec and L1Z1X, both of which have ways of gaining production on the planet they are conquering. (Arborec because their GF have production, L1Z1X because they can take control of space docks on planets they conquer. Unless that is the Winnu, memory fails me.)