Differences ?

By goncardoso, in Mansions of Madness

Can someone tell me how different is this game vs 2nd edition ?

beside the need to have the APP for playing the second edition..

I got 2nd edition, specially because of price, but after seeing a video of it on FFG youtube, i dont know if i did the right move..

1st edition had a TON of problems (synchronicity of events, extreme power creep towards the keeper, too long games, impossible setups that risked jeopardizing your games if a single card was seeded wrong, very rudimental rules on how to move monsters that could easily be used to break the game in ten seconds, and so on) that are all fixed by 2nd edition. Some would say 2nd edition is less fun because there's no Keeper (so, if you don't like full coop, 1st edition would be better) and because they say 2nd ed suffers from low replayability (on this I disagree)

2 hours ago, Julia said:

1st edition had a TON of problems (synchronicity of events, extreme power creep towards the keeper, too long games, impossible setups that risked jeopardizing your games if a single card was seeded wrong, very rudimental rules on how to move monsters that could easily be used to break the game in ten seconds, and so on) that are all fixed by 2nd edition. Some would say 2nd edition is less fun because there's no Keeper (so, if you don't like full coop, 1st edition would be better) and because they say 2nd ed suffers from low replayability (on this I disagree)

Ah didnt know it was like that. For me its better the 2nd then since i play more solo or 2 persons. If the puzzles and the resto from the first game are still in this onde then im happy

Yeah, 1st edition can't be played solo; it can be played 2p, but as said, there's a lot of problems. A lot of the good things of the first game remained in 2nd edition - for example the different combat decks are now "hidden" within the AI of the app, but that concept, which was brilliant, has been mantained; in the same way, the idea behind puzzles remained. 2nd edition mostly has different puzzles (I remember only one wiring puzzle in 2nd edition, for example), but they work in a similar way, and they are still fun to solve. Actually, under some point of view, 2nd edition improves over 1st edition puzzle because the images of some puzzles change from scenario to scenario (while this wasn't possible since in the 1st edition you had the tokens)