List idea Daqan Cav

By Adun42, in Runewars List Building

First list I've posted for critique, please be gentle:

Not a lot of upgrades, but a spearstar supported by Cav with hawthorne passing out inspiration and thrasher.

It needs an open field, me thinks. (not a lot of constricting terrain). I bought the Cav expansions specifically for 2 6-tray units, reconfigured to 3x2 with rank discipline.

List Name: 1st cav 2nd

Faction: Daqan

Lord Hawthorne
# of Trays: 1 ( 34 points)
= 34 total unit cost

Spearmen
# of Trays: 9 ( 59 points)
- Front Line Rune Golem ( 7 points)
= 66 total unit cost

Oathsworn Cavalry
# of Trays: 6 ( 46 points)
- Rank Discipline ( 4 points)
= 50 total unit cost

Oathsworn Cavalry
# of Trays: 6 ( 46 points)
- Rank Discipline ( 4 points)
= 50 total unit cost

Interesting. You have alot of met on thebtable by sacrificing upgrades. Curious what your thought on Rank Discipline on a 3x2 unit was. You think you need both rerolls?

Terrifying army! I think I'd rather have tempered steel than rank discipline. And you're right about the open field, expect to see your opponent cowering behind terrain all game when you bring this to the table.

10 hours ago, oda204 said:

Interesting. You have alot of met on thebtable by sacrificing upgrades. Curious what your thought on Rank Discipline on a 3x2 unit was. You think you need both rerolls?

I was thinking 3x2 instead of the normal 2x3 for more threat, then 2 re-rolls to get max dmg as well as better chance (wider area) to collide during the charges.

10 hours ago, Contrapulator said:

Terrifying army! I think I'd rather have tempered steel than rank discipline. And you're right about the open field, expect to see your opponent cowering behind terrain all game when you bring this to the table.

hmmm...for a point less too. Yep gotta try that.

The other thing an army with only a few huge units needs to worry about is blight spam. It doesn't matter how much threat you have if they cancel all your dice with blight.