Just getting a sense of what this list could do...

By annhwi, in Runewars List Building

List Name: Kari brought pointy sticks

Faction: Daqan

Kari Wraithstalker
# of Trays: 1 ( 32 points)
- Fortuna"s Dice ( 6 points)
- Wraith Step ( 1 points)
= 39 total unit cost

Lord Hawthorne
# of Trays: 1 ( 34 points)
- Reaping Blade ( 4 points)
- Sweeping Strikes ( 5 points)
= 43 total unit cost

Spearmen
# of Trays: 4 ( 30 points)
- Shield Wall ( 5 points)
- Trumpets ( 2 points)
= 37 total unit cost

Deepwood Archers
# of Trays: 4 ( 30 points)
- Rank Discipline ( 4 points)
= 34 total unit cost

Oathsworn Cavalry
# of Trays: 4 ( 34 points)
- Shield Wall ( 5 points)
- Bull Pennon ( 3 points)
- Moment of Inspiration ( 5 points)
= 47 total unit cost

In my play in the past couple of weeks, I have yet to try 200 points yet... also, I do not own a number of the upgrades and thus this is representative of what I own only.

Could this be a viable list? (Idea was to have cav/hawthorne charge a flank while spears and Kari hold/ intercept the middle while leaving firing lanes for a 4 wide archer unit...)

At first glace it feels like there are too many upgrades and not enough models. Also, 4 trays might not be enough for shield wall to pay off.

I'd pull Rank Discipline off the archers -- give them Tempered Steel instead -- they already have Precise 1.

The list will probably get interupted and clipped before any 4*1s do work for you.

Shield walls for 4 tray is also decidedly poor.

I agree with Contrapulator, and Darthain's suggestion to remove Rank Discipline from the archers. But rather than scrap the list, I'd encourage you to try it with these suggestions in mind, and see for yourself if they are valid. For example, Shield Wall on a 4-tray unit seems suboptimal, but maybe Kari and her Deepwood allies can do enough damage for Shield Wall to pay off. You'll never know for sure until you try it.

Of course, if you'd rather scrap some upgrades to get a 3x3 of Spearmen, that's cool, too.

I'm not saying that getting additional models/ upgrades are off the table, but I am looking at what I have currently.

(Occurs to me that I did not detail what I actually own...)

Core , 1 expansion of Cavalry , Lord Hawthorne , and Elf starter.

Also, unless the upgrade precise 1 doesn't stack with the precise 1 on the elf archers, an extra reroll couldn't hurt.

The other options just didn't seem that great... and as far as additional models go... I think I am left with the Rune Golem as not included at this time.

I do thank those that have responded as they are pointing me in a particular direction for future expansions.

5 hours ago, annhwi said:

I'm not saying that getting additional models/ upgrades are off the table, but I am looking at what I have currently.

(Occurs to me that I did not detail what I actually own...)

Core , 1 expansion of Cavalry , Lord Hawthorne , and Elf starter.

Also, unless the upgrade precise 1 doesn't stack with the precise 1 on the elf archers, an extra reroll couldn't hurt.

The other options just didn't seem that great... and as far as additional models go... I think I am left with the Rune Golem as not included at this time.

I do thank those that have responded as they are pointing me in a particular direction for future expansions.

Personally I say adding a rune golem and dropping some upgrades will give you a good unit to block for you. It can take a while for a big reanimate block to chew through a rune golem. In that time you can set up a flank for your hawhtorne, Cavs or both on that reanimate block. You'll most likely lose the Rune Golem, but his job was met, hold the reanimates long enough to put other things in play how you want to use them.

(ignore this post -- read one below)

Edited by Glucose98

Oh I misread that you had 1 Cavalry expansion. In that case.. I think it might be really beneficial to get Dispatch Runner on your archers, so they can give a free attack to your Rune Golem or two other heroes who are likely blocking for you (and the archers can dial in a Special on every attack). So you'll have to drop 6 points somewhere to add the +7 dispatch runner. Maybe the Raven Tabards and.. Reaping Blade on Hawthorne? I think that Dispatch on the archers would be really solid. They can shoot, and hand out another melee attack so long as they're somewhat close to the other units. And you have Hawthorne to hand out some inspiration candy to allow them to refresh that a few times as well.

List Name: annwhi sample list 2

Faction: Daqan

Kari Wraithstalker
# of Trays: 1 ( 32 points)
- Fortuna"s Dice ( 6 points)
- Wraith Step ( 1 points)
= 39 total unit cost

Lord Hawthorne
# of Trays: 1 ( 34 points)
- Sweeping Strikes ( 5 points)
= 39 total unit cost

Spearmen