Experience with 2 heroes ?

By Amuny, in Road to Legend

Just curious.

I've mostly played 4 heroes. I did 2-3 full campaign with 4 heroes solo.

I'm looking to try with 2 heroes to have a bit less to manage alone.

What's your experience with 2 heroes ? Do you have suggestion for 2 hero-combo (I got the whole collection, incl. Conversion Pack) ?

I have only played Delve with 2 heroes and found it crazy OP. Because monsters are often all in range a good damage dealer with the extra attack and less monsters due to 2 heroes can clear the room in one activation, monsters never even activate.

Agreed. Not always crazy powerful, but 2 heroes will be easier in terms of difficulty in addition to being easier to manage.

If you're interested in making it hard on yourself, disregard the "2 hero rule" or modify it such that you always heal and never get the extra attack.

Some missions with a lot of "place x ignoring group limits" will be a bit harder as will a few missions with tight corridors that you can't block as easily with only 2 heroes, but generally being able to get an extra attack in before team monster goes means things are going to end up being a fair bit easier.

We've played a bit of two player as well. Granted we also both have a familiar (Reanimate and Wolf). So far, most of it has been pretty easy.

On 02/09/2017 at 11:35 AM, Zaltyre said:

Agreed. Not always crazy powerful, but 2 heroes will be easier in terms of difficulty in addition to being easier to manage.

If you're interested in making it hard on yourself, disregard the "2 hero rule" or modify it such that you always heal and never get the extra attack.

Last time I tried that, it didn't go very well, and I ended up going with the 4 heroes. Because I didn't realized this rule existed.

Any suggestion of interesting 2-hero combo ?

I think Road to Legend favors the heroes on Normal and is balanced on Hard. With two heroes using the updated rule it seems as balanced (on hard) as 3 or 4 heroes. I always use random heroes with random classes, so I think the balance must be quite well done, favorimg heroes even more if you hand-pick synergistic classes.