Test Leonx model WIP

By Warpedstorm, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Have to say I'm loving the elves. Decided to try a test model for the Leonx. Took a while to decide on a colour scheme but i thought the light sandy colour of a lion would work with the green and brown colour scheme of the elves. So far so good, thoughts?

Left the Elf in to contrast the colour scheme i want with the Elf models

Good work so far, much less **** than the FFG advert ones :D (seriously, get decent paint jobs for the product you are trying to sell).

Nicely done! Small constructive critic: I would lighten the color of the leonx skin/fur so that it visually separates more from its leather armour. Because from tabletop distance, more contrast is better to distinguish features. Anyway, well done!

4 minutes ago, Xargonaut said:

Nicely done! Small constructive critic: I would lighten the color of the leonx skin/fur so that it visually separates more from its leather armour. Because from tabletop distance, more contrast is better to distinguish features. Anyway, well done!

I'd lighten the leather, the cat colour is what I liked most :D

Rider now finished and mounted and basing all complete

wow that looks great! MOAR ELVES!

3 hours ago, docForsaken said:

wow that looks great! MOAR ELVES!

I'll do my best, it takes me a while though :)

These look awesome--my favorite paint jobs so far!

Would you mind posting what paints you used one which parts? I am looking at buying some paints to do up my Latari and would like to use your scheme as a loose model (if you don't mind).

On 09/09/2017 at 10:35 PM, Jedhead said:

These look awesome--my favorite paint jobs so far!

Would you mind posting what paints you used one which parts? I am looking at buying some paints to do up my Latari and would like to use your scheme as a loose model (if you don't mind).

Sure I'll confirm the paints when I get back home, away at the moment. In the meantime I can post up details of the colours I used for the leonx that I posted on the Runewars Facebook page.

The following are all citadel paints i used for the fur. Based in Abandon black, then 2 layers of zandri dust. I then washed the fur with seraphim sepia to give a slight orange tint to the fur (looking for a lion look) then shaded again with agrax earth shade (best wash ever) to get depth. Then painted over raised areas again with zandri dust. Then a mix of dry brushing and highlighting with tyrant skull, ushabti bone and screaming skull. Hope that helps

17 hours ago, Warpedstorm said:

Sure I'll confirm the paints when I get back home, away at the moment. In the meantime I can post up details of the colours I used for the leonx that I posted on the Runewars Facebook page.

The following are all citadel paints i used for the fur. Based in Abandon black, then 2 layers of zandri dust. I then washed the fur with seraphim sepia to give a slight orange tint to the fur (looking for a lion look) then shaded again with agrax earth shade (best wash ever) to get depth. Then painted over raised areas again with zandri dust. Then a mix of dry brushing and highlighting with tyrant skull, ushabti bone and screaming skull. Hope that helps

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have done some model painting before, but never wargame miniatures, so I am still feeling my way through things. This helps a lot. Love your work!