My first step in anima. Does power=cleavage?

By Grandmikus, in Anima: Tactics

Hi

After spending 2 years on hardcore WH40k experiance I wanted something fresh, small and cheap. Anima looks good especialy on the miniatures side compared to warhammer... from various reasons. Anyway I even dragged a friend of mine into this and we want to spend money for 3 figures each having absolutly no contact with other anima players. I wanted to ask if buying figures by " oh that looks totaly awsome and has boobies on it" is a pure suicide for our future battles? Specificaly will we be like those kids that bring the monolith , and the necron lord on the tabel but dont have the actual bread and butter necron warriors?

To help these are the figures that we intend to buy

|Friend:

-Allesa Raincross

-Celia

-Rayne

Mine:

-Kujaku Hime

-Sophia Ilmora

-Bellith

PS: Is wissenshaft still a hard to play faction as it was at the begining, and does a summoner needs a summon figure or has "she" some alternatives abilities?

Help would be much appreciated

Grandmikus said:

Hi

After spending 2 years on hardcore WH40k experiance I wanted something fresh, small and cheap. Anima looks good especialy on the miniatures side compared to warhammer... from various reasons. Anyway I even dragged a friend of mine into this and we want to spend money for 3 figures each having absolutly no contact with other anima players. I wanted to ask if buying figures by " oh that looks totaly awsome and has boobies on it" is a pure suicide for our future battles? Specificaly will we be like those kids that bring the monolith , and the necron lord on the tabel but dont have the actual bread and butter necron warriors?

To help these are the figures that we intend to buy

|Friend:

-Allesa Raincross

-Celia

-Rayne

Mine:

-Kujaku Hime

-Sophia Ilmora

-Bellith

PS: Is wissenshaft still a hard to play faction as it was at the begining, and does a summoner needs a summon figure or has "she" some alternatives abilities?

Help would be much appreciated

Rayne is a really solid character when put together properly... I dont have my book open to talk about the other characters but i can comment on Wissenchaft. They dont seem difficult to play to me, The leaders are solid, the agents are mini beat sticks. and honestly their just a mix of rangers, beat sticks, and all that good stuff.

to me so far i have just seem them smack around a lot of stuff more so than anything. Other players play them differently though.

You are going to get creamed with that line up against those Wissenschaft ladies, change Sophia out for Cenette and that should balance out the teams more to two meele fighters and a ranged per team with closer point levels.

Wissenschaft isn't really difficult to play (it's middle ground) I'd say Azur is the hardest to play well because you always need to watch control zones for stealth and arbiter orders.

Another thing to note is that if you two decide to expand your playing there are faction advantages for playing with Wissenschaft but not wanders.

Finally, no you don't need to have a summon to field Belith and she actually can stand up on her own pretty decently without one.

Is it harder to play a faction without bonuses or the basic light/neutral/darkness setup? I wanted to make a chinese/asian themed army but this way it will be difficult. Can you give us some advice on what types of troops to choose from? Because as far as i have read this seems as those teams are set up as some standard fighter/priest/wizard/rouge adventuring parites or is not crucial to have a well balanced party? I have seen only one battle report and hardly any game, the presentation of the game will be on firday next week and we want to buy the figures on that day if the game will be worth the $.

Grandmikus said:

Is it harder to play a faction without bonuses or the basic light/neutral/darkness setup? I wanted to make a chinese/asian themed army but this way it will be difficult. Can you give us some advice on what types of troops to choose from? Because as far as i have read this seems as those teams are set up as some standard fighter/priest/wizard/rouge adventuring parites or is not crucial to have a well balanced party? I have seen only one battle report and hardly any game, the presentation of the game will be on firday next week and we want to buy the figures on that day if the game will be worth the $.

its all on the play style to be honest. If you dont want people to heal your negative states quickly then thats up to you. Just put into consideration that each of the games only last 7 turns. sure those turns can be long, but only if you make them long. If your team cant beat the war of attrition then pump them up, or figure out a different strategy. The thing about this game is depending on the format you play each team gets better or worse.

Thank for the feedback guys

The game on the demo was really enjoying and I returned with 5 salamael figures, 2 more than I originaly anticipated... and my friend bought the whole wissenshaft... which I am furious about because his nerd rage probably will make me do the same about my army. Anyway Im really greatful about the feedback you guys have given me. Thanks again.

Grandmikus said:

Thank for the feedback guys

The game on the demo was really enjoying and I returned with 5 salamael figures, 2 more than I originaly anticipated... and my friend bought the whole wissenshaft... which I am furious about because his nerd rage probably will make me do the same about my army. Anyway Im really greatful about the feedback you guys have given me. Thanks again.

im currently a big fan of the Wissenchaft Agents. Their pretty good... Even though i dont play Wissenchaft what so ever i really enjoy seeing a solidly built team around them. right now im running a Saint Beatdown team and even like that i have room for 1 more character / advantage but i dont want to use Agent id rather use Janus Faith.

I play with Faction so im actually doing Neutral Light.

krazykidpsx said:

im currently a big fan of the Wissenchaft Agents. Their pretty good... Even though i dont play Wissenchaft what so ever i really enjoy seeing a solidly built team around them. right now im running a Saint Beatdown team and even like that i have room for 1 more character / advantage but i dont want to use Agent id rather use Janus Faith.

I play with Faction so im actually doing Neutral Light.

Aren't you having difficulties playing like that? I mean are these faction builds really worth sacreficing the organization bonuses. As for wissenshaft Im getting furious with these army getting spammed by warriors all equiped with protective shields and raphael gifts, as if I havent had enough problems with those pesky snipers. I fought Wissenshaft was somewhat hit hard and run army, but now they are like self repairing fast batalion of tanks. Thankfully i bought a big church force so maybe some change of strategy will help me these time. Is it often in anima to see forces based on copies of only two items?

Grandmikus, it's not uncommon to see teams using more than one copy of an advantage card. For example, if you fight Samael enough you'll come across line ups that have half a dozen transfer rods spread out between their mystics.

The best thing for any new player is to get at least one friend, each get a started and atleast one of you (or split the cost on) get the full hardcover rulebook. it has all the stuff on characters you will ever need plus lots of rule clearification :) as far as i can see ( havnt seen enough church game play to know) church seem like and tank/heal force. You run your "battle turtles" up and the "cleric" keeps them healed....but thats just me...

Hi guys

I'm back after a month and a half of playing anima tactics. The game is great, I have now 46 characters and try constntly to involve more players. Thanks to our free agents the game communityin my local area is building up to the point where there is always an anima player in our local FLGS. Having only recently bought a game of Warmachine and i still can't decide which is better. Thank you all for the advice you given me when I was green ^_^