"upcoming FFG product set in this vibrant fantasy realm" - Terrinoth RPG? Descent/Runeboud Expansion?

By Frog, in 2010 Realms of Terrinoth Event

I hope this is a vanilla Descent expansion or a fullblow Terrinoth RPG using FFG's dice system from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay! It may also be a Runebound expansion.

---------------------------------------

"There will also be an exclusive sneak peek of an upcoming FFG product set in this vibrant fantasy realm, so don’t miss it!"

Yeah, I think a Runebound rpg using a system similar to WHRP would be really cool. I hope, though, that it's not a Runebound LCG, and I think FFG needs to come out with a non-fantasy themed LCG next. But that is just nit-picking; there are probably alot of Runebound players who would like a card game bsed on the setting.

With the announcement of Westeros: BattleLore, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a Terrinoth: BattleLore coming out...

Sounds like they are unveiling two Terrinoth products at this event.

1. Runebound Expansion(Awesome news)

2. New product (so I don't think it is an expansion) in the Terrinoth Realm.

Hopefully it is a Fullblown Terrinoth RPG with those awesome WFRP dice!

Bump.

Well? Well?!?!

Anybody? :)

According to the Event Centre Twitter feed , it is Dungeonquest!!

49281809.jpg

Weak.

Color me disappointed.

I played this game when it was a new GW product back in the day, and it wasn't that good then. Shame they just pasted a Terrinoth theme onto it.

Is the "sneak peek" today a repeat of yesterday's announcement, or is it a second product? One can hope...

I'm also disappointed as I had the original back-in-the-day and was less than impressed - although no doubt the new version will be tweaked for a modern audience.

When Descent came out set in the Runebound world I saw it as a legitimate product with a tight focus on underground exploration in comparison to the more broad "Adventuring" theme of Runebound, but with Runewars and now Dungeonquest I'm beginning to suspect slapping a Runebound/Terrinoth label on something is just an easy way for FFG to save money on art assets rather than an artisitc decision.

Today's announcement was for another box expansion for Runebound (the name escapes me at this moment). John Goodenought introduced with its pieces and gave us information on the mechanics. A lot of them will make the game go faster and make this game the best expansion yet. We were even allowed to gander at the 6 new characters' and adventure cards.

The board game overlay is like in the wilds of Africa and lots of magic, deities and roaming monsters. They'll make an announcement on this site shortly. I believe this'll be coming out a few months from now.

Awesome!!! Dungeonquest and a new Runebound expansion are both killer killer news!!!

Both of those games are solable which is why I love them!!!

allenkwest said:

Today's announcement was for another box expansion for Runebound (the name escapes me at this moment). John Goodenought introduced with its pieces and gave us information on the mechanics. A lot of them will make the game go faster and make this game the best expansion yet. We were even allowed to gander at the 6 new characters' and adventure cards.

The board game overlay is like in the wilds of Africa and lots of magic, deities and roaming monsters. They'll make an announcement on this site shortly. I believe this'll be coming out a few months from now.

Now THIS I'm excited about.

And was that truly six NEW characters?

Yes, they are six NEW characters and the details on them are great!

Ok. I was at the event most of the weekend since i live near enough to the event center. It was a blast and i had a lot of fun and met some really cool people. I even got to talk to cory about what we would like to see for a Runewars expansion. Think they know now how bad everyone wants more races and such. As for the announcements for the new games? I am thrilled with them. I have the original Dungeon Quest and it was a fun game and i played it for a number of years.

As for those of you who started ripping on it?

First: The original Dungeon Quest was not a Gamesworkshop title. They made the second incarnation of it and there version did suck big time. The original was from a game company in Switzerland and the game is actually pretty fun.

Second: Fantasy Flight made 6 new characters for the Terrinoth realm just for this game and made all new graphics for everything in it. It can be played solo with game mechanics special for that kind of play or up to 6 players.

Anyways. I spoke my peace on this subject. Happy gaming everyone!!!!! Hope to see some of you back at the event center again soon.

About Dungeonquest, it's originally from Sweden, not Switzerland. And the gameplay of the original version is identical to the GW edition, GW only changed the art and characters (for the worse, in my opinion). There was a second edition in Sweden though, which changed the game quite a lot, and hopefully this new version will have some elements from that in it.

Your right. My bad. sorry about my confusion. I meant to put sweden. LOL. Dyslexia wins out again grrrrrr. I try so hard at times to go over what i say or type to make sure i did not mess anything up. And as for the GW edition? It sucked cause it was warhammer. But that was my opinion back then. I now roleplay the systems FF put out and have a tau and necron army's i am still trying to finish painting. I like warhammer as it is now. From what i can tell of the new dungeon quest by FF. It will keep the core heart of the game but has a lot of new runebound elements to make it part of that world. I am excited about it and hope everyone will come play it at the center with me when it comes out.