Not correct modelling ??

By Guest, in Star Wars: Legion

I recently saw a picture of the stormtroopers, and there seems to be a mistake on the miniature:

original-stormtrooper-ultimate-combo-dea

swl01_photo_stormtrooper-squad3.jpg

Look at the crouching stormtrooper and the stormtrooper commander.

The leg armor is not connected the right way...

I hope this is just a preview model and can be corrected

Sorry, only the commander trooper seems to be the case

Could just be painted on the wrong seam.

This is why the modelling gods gave us Green Stuff...

unfortunately the best star wars minis came from Knight Miniatures and they no longer produce them. I did a google image search for knight models star wars. it hurt my soul knowing id never get my hands on them. Also agreed, looks like an errant paint stroke.

48 minutes ago, BergerFett said:

unfortunately the best star wars minis came from Knight Miniatures and they no longer produce them. I did a google image search for knight models star wars. it hurt my soul knowing id never get my hands on them. Also agreed, looks like an errant paint stroke.

Oh yes, I always wanted to get them but variuos reasons I sadly did not.

Edited by Iceeagle85

Literally Unplayable

1 minute ago, Iceeagle85 said:

Oh yes, I always wanted to get them but variuos reasons I sadly did not.

now they would be too expensive in he secondary market. I did not even know they existed when they came out and would love to find a boba fett, vader, or some of the clone trooper commanders to paint up.

Yea this bugged me too. I'm guessing you mean the 'sniper knee' on the model's left leg. On the costumes this is affixed to the lower shin piece. There's a few models like this on the product page; I'm really hoping it's a paint mistake as others have already stated.

I'll be painting in some tiny little Ab buttons and removing those outer tabs on my stormies' holsters too, much prefer the A New Hope fashion style (as modelled by TK-421) ;)

(Yes, yes I'm a nerd, yes that OP picture makes me sad)

Now I can't un-see this. Thanks. :angry:

It really looks to me like it was 'user error' for the leader and someone just painted over the bottom of the knee pad.

I mean, the rocket launcher guy just has the wrong knee down. That's down to training. The left knee pad is supposed to protect the knee on the up leg when you are in proper firing position. He's got it all backwards and is going to take a blaster shot to his knee, and then his adventuring days will be over.

This thread has my eyes watering.

7 hours ago, BergerFett said:

now they would be too expensive in he secondary market. I did not even know they existed when they came out and would love to find a boba fett, vader, or some of the clone trooper commanders to paint up.

I knew them back when they were still available but they were not that cheap, I think you also couldn't get them here that easy and I really hadn't a game to play them with (back then i bought only stuff I could use in gaming nothing just for the sake of great models). I always thought if I start Imperial Guard I might use some Stormtroopers for the elite slot or if I started Necrons I might use Grievous and his Magma Guard.

You have not only ruined Legion for me, but also all the Star Wars.

Just painted wrong. They painted the back under instead of over.