Pacific Northwest Regional- Awww Yeah.

By tuggs, in UFS Fan Announcements

Calling all NW players:

Have you ever wanted to attend a *major* tournament, but could't justify traveling across the country to do so? I hear ya.

If you would like to meet some new faces, and then summarily break them, here's your chance.

Effective January 1st, Seattle will begin its shameless lobbying campaign to secure a regional tournament.

While NorCal is considered part of the same region, it is definitely more than 8 hours away for anyone in northern Oregon, Washington, or Alaska. For this reason, Seattle is a reasonable compromise for most of the players in the region. It is also easily accessible to our friends in British Columbia, should they be so inclined...

If you're interested in attending, or have any questions, just drop me a line. More details as they emerge.

-Tuggs

I am definately interested in a regional in the Seattle area as are a few friends, but I'm wanting to know the specifics ie is there an entry fee, how many people minimum and all that good stuff.

Come on California and Canada. Come play with us. All the cool kids are doing it.

Depends on dates, what's up against it elsewhere, and costs of flights. I need to make a jaunt to the west coast again, so this may be just what does it.

Was Seattle the city that UFS launched it's 1st demo in?

GraveLord said:

Was Seattle the city that UFS launched it's 1st demo in?

It sure was at the PA Expo I wonder if this event will bring the spark back .

I heard that PAX 2007 was amazing for UFS. Sadly, PAX 2008 did not live up to that reputation, which was a little surprising.

Thai (GraveLord) has had incredible success as a scout, because he puts a lot of effort into organizing and advertising his events. I was proud and impressed when I saw GCC take off the way it did. Honestly, I think that the game needs more people with that mentality- it lends greater credibility to the game, making it more visible and competitive.

Those of us on the West Coast who can't make the trek to Nats or Worlds are missing out on the camaraderie that comes with meeting and sparring with other like-minded individuals who love this game.

Only a few more days remain until the official sign-ups begin for Regionals, and I can't wait!

-Tuggs

Update: It looks like we're aiming for late March/early April. I've got a venue in mind, but I need to work out some details.

Update: our local scout, Baranor, has taken over the reins for coordinating the regional. Tentatively, we're now looking at late April/early May. At the very least, this will circumvent the awkwardness of having several regionals all in the same weekend.

It's onnnnnnn! The NorthWest SlugFest is going to be in late May, right here in Seattle!

My scout, Baranor, decided to push it back a few weeks because the release for SCIV and ShadoWar have been delayed. This will give players enough time to experiment with the new sets. Diversity rule will also be in effect...

More to come.

-Tuggs

I would do april may is crazy with regionals and national events.

Yeah, we considered all of the options and with a bunch of burgeoning metas here in the northwest it was much better to have it later. We are excited to host some of the new players from Oregon and out on the Olympic Peninsula! This regional is going to be amazing! Come one come all! Details to follow!

All those who are going to the seattle regional will have a big surprise.

Scubadude said:

I find this intriguing. And although it pains me not to know, I suppose the whole purpose of a surprise is to genuinely be surprised when/where it happens. I just hope it's not another round of "Celebrity UFS." Last time, I got paired up against Jaleel White, and that Urkel kid kicked my butt, but good...

tuggs said:

Scubadude said:

I find this intriguing. And although it pains me not to know, I suppose the whole purpose of a surprise is to genuinely be surprised when/where it happens. I just hope it's not another round of "Celebrity UFS." Last time, I got paired up against Jaleel White, and that Urkel kid kicked my butt, but good...

Its definately a celebrity UFS but its not having to do with being paired up with someone just west coasters it will be worth your while to go if I can make it happen (scuba crosses fingers).

hey guys, would love to have you at the upcoming regional in Santa Clara. Wishing my fellow ufsers the best.

~Blankadude

tuggs said:

Calling all NW players:

Have you ever wanted to attend a *major* tournament, but could't justify traveling across the country to do so? I hear ya.

If you would like to meet some new faces, and then summarily break them, here's your chance.

Effective January 1st, Seattle will begin its shameless lobbying campaign to secure a regional tournament.

While NorCal is considered part of the same region, it is definitely more than 8 hours away for anyone in northern Oregon, Washington, or Alaska. For this reason, Seattle is a reasonable compromise for most of the players in the region. It is also easily accessible to our friends in British Columbia, should they be so inclined...

If you're interested in attending, or have any questions, just drop me a line. More details as they emerge.

-Tuggs

Definitely would like more info on the whens and wheres this event will take place. Blankadude and myself would totally be down for a Road Trip to Seattle!!

Also, as for Cali being 8 hours away...please consider that Archimedes is driving 12 hours from AZ to participate in our event - and he's bringin' friends!!!

8 hours is a little longer than the time it takes for me to drive to Los Angeles, so i'm hoping you will reconsider, and make the trek out to here to the SF Bay Area to throw down with us!

In fact, i'll make you thise deal: Come out to Cali to the Santa Clara Regionals, and I promise to be at your event in Seattle, deal?

*poke* anyone there?

any info on this? The regionals thread says its happening may 25th but saw nothing on the game shop webpage about it.

Was possibly gonna buy a ticket and roll up there to represent Cali...

The Northwest Regional is definitely on!!!

Singles will be on Saturday May 23rd starting at 2pm (with registration beginning at 1pm) There will be a 6x10 tournament later in the evening if if there are interested parties. The entry fee for singles will be $10.

Sunday will be teams with a $5 fee for each team member or a $15 fee for the team. This event will start at 4pm. Later in the evening there may be a Highlander event for those interested.

Later today, I'm going to have up a brand spanking new thread with a full set of information.

Edit: Oh and sorry about the lack of info on the stores website. They were having some trouble updating their website.

o snap. Sounds like a daytrip is needed. How far from airport, etc. Id like to fly in sat morning, then fly out after the tourney. That doable or are you a 5hour drive from the airport?

We are a super short trip to the airport. The store is a 30 minute drive from the airport!!!!

We also have teams on Sunday if you want to stay for that. I actually will need teammates because I forgot that our other scout will be running that event, and I will be playing in it!

Also, for those foodies out there, the store is approximately 5 blocks from the best sandwich place that I have ever eaten at!

Im really excited about this. I have not gone to a large scale tournament since the cali assets of power. Kinda nervous though I havent had anyone to playtest against.

Come early, I'll probably be there at 11 setting up. I can throw some decks at you, and since i'm the Tournament Organizer, you won't have to worry about me seeing your deck!

I like that idea and it will be great to play UFS again. Ive been on vacation from cali and such and have not had much luck finding UFS players here.