Imperial Army Troopers

By TK-4117, in Star Wars: Legion

I was wondering if there were any known plans to bring in the thankless soldiers of 'The Empire' outside of the Storm Trooper corps?

While factions in Star Wars Classic era are rather limited (Rebel Alliance, Empire, Criminals, Independants), each faction has a large number of enjoyable subfactions. The Imperial Army Troopers are a particular favorite of mine, but you also have COMPForce, Imperial Navy Trooper detachments, Imperial Security Bureau strike teams and more.

What do you guys think, and is there any one group you want to see get a miniature range? Hutt Cartel/Blacksun Mercenaries, Rebel Extremists, pirates?

I would love love love an ISB strike team, almost similar to a 40k deathwatch squad. Highly customizable in terms of upgrades they can take, expensive but versatile and hard hitting.

Don't see why you can't paint them to represent their different origins.

I'm a little behind in New Canon reading, but how many of those forces are still official?

Genuine question...I've missed the last few novels, but I don't think COMPNOR or even the regular Army have come up yet that I recall.

15 minutes ago, Extropia said:

I'm a little behind in New Canon reading, but how many of those forces are still official?

Genuine question...I've missed the last few novels, but I don't think COMPNOR or even the regular Army have come up yet that I recall.

It depends on what you mean and what LFL/Disney thinks you mean.

The ISB was part of COMPNOR and the ISB is back, so likely COMPNOR is still viable. Likewise while Rebels and Rogue One makes Stormtroopers and variants the "face" of the Imperial Military, Rebels still has shown guys in grey jumpsuits and helmets, though now the helmets include a Stormtrooperesque facemask.

Also we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Bothans for example have been pulled from all new material, suggesting maybe LFL is planning a redesign. So we don't know what else is in flux.

Just remember, COMPNOR and most all the old EU canon Imperial factions and troops are featured in FFG's Star Wars RPG setting corebooks, which are approved Disney License Products.

Also, many Bothans will have always died to bring us this information, so its hard to see them not being around.

Edited by TK-4117

Ah, good. If they are in the RPG books that's pretty solid, thanks :)

10 minutes ago, TK-4117 said:

Just remember, COMPNOR and most all the old EU canon Imperial factions and troops are featured in FFG's Star Wars RPG setting corebooks, which are approved Disney License Products.

Also, many Bothans will have always died to bring us this information, so its hard to see them not being around.

That's a negative Gold leader.

The RPG is not an approved "canon" product as it predates the wipe, and in the latest reprint of the AoR core bothans were removed.

I'm sure we'll see Bothans again, but they likely aren't the bothans you know. For all we know new Bothans will just be humans from the planet Both.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dark troopers

Dark troopers

Oh and Mandalorians!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor mandalorians