New weapon upgrades

By Xargonaut, in Star Wars: Legion

Just to highlight the fact that we can see two new weapon upgrades on the Legion Showcase page.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/star-wars-legion-showcase/

Of particular interest is the AT-RT flamethrower, on which card we can see that there is some kind of "spraying" mechanic associated with. I wonder if there is a template to account for its area of effect.

Edited by Xargonaut

Oh neat so Stormtrooper rocket launcher is called HH-12.

Wow 34 pts for that upgrade - 23 pts on top of 11 pts for standard E-11 trooper!

34 minutes ago, Manchu said:

Oh neat so Stormtrooper rocket launcher is called HH-12.

Wow 34 pts for that upgrade - 23 pts on top of 11 pts for standard E-11 trooper!

Black dice are alot better than white dice, even more so for Storm Troopers and more than anything the Impact 3 it brings to the attack is very much necessary if you plan to try and attack any enemy units with the Armor ability.

Agree that Impact 3 is great esp at Range 2-4 and this is probably appropriately costed. But at 3x cost of normal trooper, will be interesting to see whether it gets much play once Empire has more AT options. DLT-19 is Impact 1, but that probably is not enough considerng humble AT-RT is Armor 3.

EDIT: AT-RT has Armor 4! but this doesn't seem to interact with Impact.

Edited by Manchu

Also those troop weapon upgrades add another body to the squad so the cost would take into account the base unit cost

MPL-57 Ion Gun - 32 pts

3x Red, Impact 1, Ion 1

Ion X - place X ion tokens on target vehicle, when target vehicle activates it loses X actions up to two and then discards all ion tokens

:D

love it!

Nice, does anyone know if you can shoot with all weapons in the squad(e.g. E-11 and the RT-19 for stormtroopers) or only choose 1 for the action?

9 hours ago, Manchu said:

Agree that Impact 3 is great esp at Range 2-4 and this is probably appropriately costed. But at 3x cost of normal trooper, will be interesting to see whether it gets much play once Empire has more AT options. DLT-19 is Impact 1, but that probably is not enough considerng humble AT-RT is Armor 3.

EDIT: AT-RT has Armor 4! but this doesn't seem to interact with Impact.

AT-RT just has "armor", armor doesn't come in values. I assume you're looking at the yellow gear under its HP? That's a value we haven't seen the mechanics for yet (at least for troopers, with a different icon, we know it's related to suppression), but it's not tied to armor. You've either got armor or you don't.

On the AT-RT card, Armor reads "while defending, cancel all [hit] results" (emphasis mine). Impact converts a number of your hits into crits when attacking an armored target.

4 minutes ago, Visovics said:

Nice, does anyone know if you can shoot with all weapons in the squad(e.g. E-11 and the RT-19 for stormtroopers) or only choose 1 for the action?

Yes - in the demos, every model fired while attacking, all in one pool. Also, I think you mean DLT-19?

Looking at the card anatomy breakdown, I suspect the gear icon is a "Damage threshold" of some sort. On Likes card he Shield icon in the same spot is called "wound threshold".

No idea what it does, but there you go.

IMG_0961.JPG

10 minutes ago, Extropia said:

Looking at the card anatomy breakdown, I suspect the gear icon is a "Damage threshold" of some sort. On Likes card he Shield icon in the same spot is called "wound threshold".

No idea what it does, but there you go.

IMG_0961.JPG

No, that image is inaccurate. The developer states in the how to play video that yellow icon is "courage", and that it relates to the supression system.

Ah, ok. Fair enough! I guess that means Vader never runs or gets suppressed....as is only right and proper :D

1 hour ago, svelok said:

Yes - in the demos, every model fired while attacking, all in one pool. Also, I think you mean DLT-19?

Thanks, and yeah, meant that one oops :P

Edit:For some reason thought of the AT-RT when doing in

Edited by Visovics
1 hour ago, svelok said:

No, that image is inaccurate. The developer states in the how to play video that yellow icon is "courage", and that it relates to the supression system.

I'm guessing the courage system makes it so that if you take more suppression tokens than your courage level then one of your units retreats from battle. For the vehicles maybe the icon there represents how much it can be repaired if we get units capable of doing that.

27 minutes ago, Animewarsdude said:

I'm guessing the courage system makes it so that if you take more suppression tokens than your courage level then one of your units retreats from battle. For the vehicles maybe the icon there represents how much it can be repaired if we get units capable of doing that.

For courage it's a bit more complex than that. A FFG contractor explained it a little bit in another thread. I hope I remember it correctly:

SUPPRESSION EFFECT: When a unit takes as many suppression tokens as their courage value, it gets one less action during its activation. If the unit gets as many as double their courage value in suppression tokens, than the unit can only do move actions (probably compulsory moves), and these moves must be towards their table edge.

GETTING SUPPRESSION TOKENS: as soon as a unit gets at least one hit from an enemy unit (doesn't matter if it results in actual damage or not) it gets a suppression token (targeted unit only gets at most 1 suppression token per enemy unit who hits it). During each turn's end phase, all units remove one of their suppression tokens for free.

Edited by Xargonaut

Does anybody know if the AT-RT (or future models for that matter) will come with the different modeled weapons matching the available card weapons (Rotary blaster, Laser cannon, Flame thrower...) or they have a default sculpt with not swap options (model wise I mean)?

Note that I'm not asking for a WYIWYG rule at all, but I personally like to customize models to match up the loadout

Edited by Andreu
4 hours ago, Andreu said:

Does anybody know if the AT-RT (or future models for that matter) will come with the different modeled weapons matching the available card weapons (Rotary blaster, Laser cannon, Flame thrower...) or they have a default sculpt with not swap options (model wise I mean)?

Note that I'm not asking for a WYIWYG rule at all, but I personally like to customize models to match up the loadout

That would be pretty cool. I sort of doubt they will but for IA they did give people the ability to make an AT-ST or Dewback Rider miniature into a unique one or a generic one with a small change so maybe?

5 hours ago, Andreu said:

Well, for the upgrades that add a unit with a special weapon they have a different model for when you add to the unit, I think it's likely the reason they want players to assemble models

5 hours ago, Andreu said:

I don't know, but FFG seems to be ALL-IN with their intent to compete with 40K, so I presume the alternate weapon parts will be included in the kit (since it is with their competitor).

Edited by Xargonaut

Yes all AT-RTs are customizable. I talked to the developer at Gencon, and he said you build the variant that you want to play.

2 minutes ago, Guest Stonewall said:

Yes all AT-RTs are customizable. I talked to the developer at Gencon, and he said you build the variant that you want to play.

It's a great way to sell models too. I used to be really into magnetizing different loadouts, but now I'd rather just have a model for each option.

Yeah, at the GenCon demo we were running the AT-RT with the Laser Cannon upgrade because that is what the models had on them. The Laser Cannon is an anti-armor weapon with impact 3. Not really helpful in the core set set up. But it shows off odd ranges, being a range 2-4 weapon.

Speaking of all these points, do we know how man points you bring in a standard squad?

14 minutes ago, Tbetts94 said:

Speaking of all these points, do we know how man points you bring in a standard squad?

1 hour ago, Tbetts94 said:

As Rowdyoctopus says the standard squad set up is 800 points, which means with the coreset, not counting upgrades you are sitting at 378 points for the Imperials and 295 points, with the Storm Troopers being 44 points a piece, Vader 200 points, the speeder bikes 90 points, rebel troopers being 40 points, the AT-RT being 55 points, and Luke being 160 points.

21 hours ago, Manchu said:

MPL-57 Ion Gun - 32 pts

3x Red, Impact 1, Ion 1

Ion X - place X ion tokens on target vehicle, when target vehicle activates it loses X actions up to two and then discards all ion tokens

:D

love it!

Awesome. Is this a Rebel Trooper upgrade? Where did you see this one? I can't find it anywhere else.