Wave 1

By Extropia, in Star Wars: Legion

Beyond that... dice blisters, range rulers, movement rules... all the standard stuff for revenue generation and ease of play add-ons.

There will be a scum faction announced shortly to I'm sure... I hope they go the same route as IA and make the scum faction cross compatible with the other two, but more incentive than just the rebel care package of course :)

Sorry, went to bed. No idea if it's shopped or not, it came from a Facebook post from a retailer.

Core, the unitsfrom the core sold sepereately plus 1 vehicle box each sounds vaguely right for wave 1 though to me.

I can only hope they were smart enough to actually get Ban-Dai's models in this game. they are gorgeous and I already bought the walker and snow speeder.

I'm guessing that is a shopped image.

It may not all be Wave 1 but based on Alex Davy's comments to Team Covenant the AT-ST and T-47 seem pretty safe bets for Wave 1 or 2.

At first I only saw the infantry units and said to myself, "self, this is really close to IA, is it not." Now I'm hearing it may be a bit more large scale combat. I moved from xwing to Armada because I love the big fleet strategy and tactical play much more than the dogfighting. Same here, if it truly is a larger army gameplay I could possibly get into it, if I had any money after I buy Armada stuff which won't happen any time soon. I also have no time to paint miniatures, real life, adulting, parenting, working... You know. Takes up a lot of time. Unfortunately I probably won't get into this game for a while if at all. If the minis were painted I would try to buy in sooner but sadly they are not.

13 hours ago, rowdyoctopus said:

Strange. I'd assume they would save the airspeeder for a Hoth themed wave. *Shrug*

Snowspeeders are what we call them, but that's not what they really are. They're T-47 Assault Speeders and in fact on Hoth they had to spend a lot of time to get them set up so they could run in the cold, that's why Han took a TaunTaun out to look for Luke. So while we do tend to think of them and Hoth, they weren't designed with temps like Hoth in mind.

50 minutes ago, Rune Taq said:

Same here, if it truly is a larger army gameplay I could possibly get into it

It's going to be a larger scale game then IA. IA skirmish is 8-15 or so models per side, this will be 30-40 models per side.

"I'm only going to buy a starter and enough expansions to build a 800pt army then see what the community does over 3 months before I dive in with both feet, oh and I'll be going Imps for once"

"******* snow speeders?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TAKE MY MONEY NOW! I want all the plastic....all the plastic!!!!"

Yeah a friend of mine seemed very excited about the game when I mentioned it to him, but that was before I saw any of the demo videos so had no idea how it played... If there's a Speeder in wave 1. Well I may not have bother buying any myself :D

The potential for Snowspeeder action actually has me tempted to try the game when it comes out. Dependent on cost/mechanics this could be a fun little game if they are actually going straight to releasing Iconic units.

14 minutes ago, Ion Dave said:

The potential for Snowspeeder action actually has me tempted to try the game when it comes out. Dependent on cost/mechanics this could be a fun little game if they are actually going straight to releasing Iconic units.

I think I know what you mean, too much expanded universe makes star wars lose it's identity. X-wing is a good example o this, the ships look less and less familiar with every wave (and some are so ugly it hurts seeing them mixed with the ships you love :S).

Bandai makes these 1/48 scale models. great for blowing up and turning to terrain

If wave 2 is death troops, krenic, shore troops, Jyn, scarif commandos... SKREEE!!!

Wave 1, 2, 3 and 4...then every other wave from there on out will have at least one unit that includes Sabine.

Ooof, Sabine....if any figure needs to come prepainted, it's hers!

2 minutes ago, Lusiphur05 said:

Ooof, Sabine....if any figure needs to come prepainted, it's hers!

I'd love to paint her... In fact if they do have Phoenix Squad for Legion I'd buy them even if I didn't play the game just to paint them and have them on my shelf.

But my above comment was a joke about how many different ships she's in for X-Wing.

Edited by VanorDM

If we're indeed getting air/snow speeders, that gives me hope for other flyers. I'd love to have a ground force of troopers backed up by a tie fighter.

1 hour ago, BergerFett said:

Bandai makes these 1/48 scale models. great for blowing up and turning to terrain

Actually 1/48 is roughly 34 mm so instead of people buying IA minis from FFG to pad out thier army they may turn to Bandai! :)

Edit, just seen Deagostini do a 1/43 (37mm) Falcon! it might cost a bit and push your model skills though

Edited by Corver
1 hour ago, demon3o5z said:

If we're indeed getting air/snow speeders, that gives me hope for other flyers. I'd love to have a ground force of troopers backed up by a tie fighter.

Dunno... The snowspeeder seems already a bit of a stretch cause are supposed to be super fast vehicles (more than a range 3 ruler for sure)... There is really little material to work on for Rebel heavy vehicles but I really love how they pulled the AT-RT.. maybe they can give this treatment to some other vehicles... but which?

3 hours ago, VanorDM said:

Snowspeeders are what we call them, but that's not what they really are. They're T-47 Assault Speeders and in fact on Hoth they had to spend a lot of time to get them set up so they could run in the cold, that's why Han took a TaunTaun out to look for Luke. So while we do tend to think of them and Hoth, they weren't designed with temps like Hoth in mind.

Oh, I know all of this (I did call them airspeeders ;) ). But I still expect them to pull from iconic imagery of the different battles and release things together. But maybe not. They certainly don't have to.

it's shopped

3 minutes ago, rowdyoctopus said:

They certainly don't have to.

Yes you did call them Airspeeders :)

But here's the thing. When you release a Star Wars game, you want the most iconic possible models for it, especially at release. So that means things like X-Wings and Tie Fighters, ISD's and MonCal's, Stormtroopers and Luke, Vader, ect...

For vehicles Speederbikes are a great choice because they're so iconic, but there aren't a ton of iconic single person vehicles for the Rebels. But when you step it up to AT-ST size, then you have room for one of the most iconic ships for Star Wars the T-47 speeder. So it makes a ton of sense they'd want to release that ASAP. Plus what else would you put in at that size for the Rebels?

16 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

There will be a scum faction announced shortly to I'm sure... I hope they go the same route as IA and make the scum faction cross compatible with the other two, but more incentive than just the rebel care package of course :)

I think there is a pretty good chance of scum or some other new faction(s) showing up eventually. I don't think it will happen Wave 1, but it will probably happen.

I'd be pretty surprised if it had cross-faction support. It really hurt the balancing in IA and led to the nightmare of a meta we have right now (it's getting better, but it still has a long way to go)

5 hours ago, VanorDM said:

It's going to be a larger scale game then IA. IA skirmish is 8-15 or so models per side, this will be 30-40 models per side.

Came here to say this! ??

I wonder if we'll get the Mini rigs?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor imperial assault mini rig