Real Game Behind The Hype - Terrain?

By robertpolson, in Star Wars: Legion

The game demos and the pictures that we have seen so far look great. However, has anyone seen any pictures of the actual figures and the terrain that comes in the box?

What do the unpainted figures look like? What about the terrain?

Not everyone has the $$$$ and time to get all the painting and terrain going. I want to know what the game looks like out of the box.

I wouldn't assume there will be any terrain in the box. Maybe some cardboard stuff like in RW, and a poster matt but that would be it. Full sized 3d models is not something that will be in the core box.

I've heard the models will be made with different color plastic, so they won't all be just grey.

I looked at the figure 20 minutes of the demo. It looks like but the more I think about the less likely I will be looking into Star Wars Legion:
- Duplicate of the figures I already have
- Game mechanics look like the game will be slower that IA
- Expensive and will need to buy what I already have with IA
- Re-painting the same figures again...
- Expensive if you want to get the terrain
- Storage is a problem especially if you want to play with 3D terrain (you probably will if you start)
- IA is good enough for me. Roll out a mat and play.

Terrain is actually pretty cheap, depending on how you make it.

Pink insulation foam is a few bucks for a huge sheet. Some cutting, glue, and a coat of paint and you've got your natural terrain like hills, big rocks, crystals, or whatever.

Buildings can be easy or hard.

If you want hard, you can buy kits, or bash your own from things like package padding.

If you want easy and cheap, I made a whole line of papercraft buildings a few years back, and will likely make more when Legion hits. You could have 6'x3' worth of Mos Eisely built in an afternoon. Complete with buildings, towers, crashed spacecraft, ruins, landed spacecraft...

and that's literally ready to go now, you'd just need to convince me to dig up the templates and send them to you. Then just print, cut, glue, and play.

ter.jpg