For those wishing for pre painted minis - a few real basic tips

By Ma22a, in Star Wars: Legion

So lots of folk want pre painted minis - it's not going to happen i suspect so i'm going to share a few basic painting tips for you that will put the mini's on the board painted in under 10 mins per model. They wont be masterclass but will be good enough for a battlefield. It is all about ink washes. Those of you that paint and paint well will enjoy doing a proper job those that don't paint this will do you.

Stormtrooper.

Spray white.

Nuln Oil wash (GW) paint into the recess of the armour, the knee joints and such like. Leave to dry

If you want the Stormtrooper to be dirty just wash the whole figure.

Gun either paint black and then wash with Nuln Oil or just wash straight with Nuln Oil.

That's it.

It won't look amazing but it's painted.

Rebel Soldier (Human)

Spray white

Wash clothes in Athonian Camoshade (dries Light green) or if you want a brown colour instead use either Seraphim Sepia or Agrax Earthshade

Nuln Oil gun

Kislev flesh on hands and face and then wash with Reikland Fleshtone

This is a real basic way of getting a quick painted figure. It ain't fancy but it works and will take less than 10/15 mins per model.

Below is a pic of some American infantry i did for Bolt Action using a very similar method to the one i've described.

Hope it helps some of you none painters

BA.jpg

The "I stink at painting...." Thread also has some pointers.

2 minutes ago, Dice lord said:

The "I stink at painting...." Thread also has some pointers.

Didn't see that thread as its on page 2 and i'm incapable of pressing the next button at the bottom of the screen :)

No harm in linking them together. ;)

Hopefully they'll be a hobby sub forum set up at some point.

I have painted two armies for several games... still don't like it. I know how to paint minis but I still consider it necessary evil.

21 minutes ago, Jiron said:

I have painted two armies for several games... still don't like it. I know how to paint minis but I still consider it necessary evil.

I don't like it either for the most part. If I can do it quicker and easier i'm all for it lol

I was considering this technique - I did it for my Blood Rage minis where I just washed the entire model and they look pretty good. WOuld def go a bit more detailed for this though.

You can also dry brush white over the wash (once its dried ofc) to make them pop a little.