Lego as 3D Terrain

By robertpolson, in Star Wars: Legion

Looking at all the beautiful but expensive and time-consuming terrain that has been shown so far, I thought of an idea. I don't know how games like W40K or miniature games play but if they are based on terrain, why not use Lego to create your own terrain and missions?

A couple of baseboards and bricks can go a long way to creating a battlefield with missions.

You can even get lots of cheaper Lepin bricks from Aliexpress and create all kinds of battlefields.

What do you think?

That's a lot of lego. You'd need to go back and tell my parents not to sell all of mine.

Or it'd look like Minecraft. ;)

I've actually done that with some Bolt Action scenery before. Build your skeleton out of Lego, throw some plaster on it to make it look...not like rainbow blocks, and paint it. Voila!

2 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

Looking at all the beautiful but expensive and time-consuming terrain that has been shown so far, I thought of an idea. I don't know how games like W40K or miniature games play but if they are based on terrain, why not use Lego to create your own terrain and missions?

A couple of baseboards and bricks can go a long way to creating a battlefield with missions.

You can even get lots of cheaper Lepin bricks from Aliexpress and create all kinds of battlefields.

What do you think?

Hey, anything goes! Whatever your happy with will do fine as terrain and the more variety you have the better! And LEGO certainly offers that! Though most people will probably want something that looks more realistic and in scale with the minis so maybe you can do this for your homegames and such.

A tip though is to look around the net and youtube, there is an endless source of tutorials and tips/guides to how to make terrain, both timeconsuming expensive pieces as well as dirt cheap and very quick ones!

I was thinking Lego already as well. Throwing together some barricades and ruins in LDD would work pretty well. God knows I've already got plenty of grey bricks lying around.