AT-ST's are on the box art

By Shadow345, in Star Wars: Legion

Just saying.

Yup. Can't wait to knock em down.

That doesn't mean they're part of the core set. Look at imperial assault and how the cover art is usually precisely NOT what's included.

They could be cardboard tokens.

Appaerntly the guy doing the "how to paint" series has said there's more we haven't seen, and they are marvellous.

1 hour ago, period3 said:

That doesn't mean they're part of the core set. Look at imperial assault and how the cover art is usually precisely NOT what's included.

Maybe not core set but they could be announced for Wave 1 models.

9 hours ago, Raging Celt said:

Yup. Can't wait to knock em down.

Prefarably with Ewoks? :P

Edited by Iceeagle85
8 hours ago, period3 said:

We've already seen the contents they are not but I think his point was they are coming.

It would be nice to know what kind of expansion products they have lined up for this.

The Death Star is on the original X-Wing core set cover art.

5 hours ago, Iceeagle85 said:

Prefarably with Eowks? :P

I didn't want to say anything. . .

I was hoping Legion could let me build a large Imperial Armor division to crack down on Rebel troopers and shoot down airspeeders. I'll have to be content with using multiple AT-STs and stormtroopers. Not the end of the universe, but I really wanted to focus on a core of AT-ATs instead.

19 minutes ago, Norsehound said:

I was hoping Legion could let me build a large Imperial Armor division to crack down on Rebel troopers and shoot down airspeeders. I'll have to be content with using multiple AT-STs and stormtroopers. Not the end of the universe, but I really wanted to focus on a core of AT-ATs instead.

Complete speculation, but I'm guessing AT-ATs would come in at about half of an army, similar to a fat ISD in armada.

Realistically I expect it to be something like... if Epic play in X-Wing was the standard way to play (always on a 6x3, always with a large number of points), then the AT-ATs would feel like the CR-90s do. Ie, you buy one of them, you're restricted to using only one of them, the game has to end before it is compelled to go off-board, and most of the time everyone will be shooting at it to bring it down.

So it'll feel more like a novelty piece. More like a special scenario CR-90 in X-Wing than the Victory/Imperial Star Destroyer in Armada that I really wanted it to be.

Will the scale of the figures differ so much that you will pay out for the new instead of using the IA ATST?

Guess it will come with some fancy card you need too though.

So was Boba Fett.

9 hours ago, Archangelion said:

It would be nice to know what kind of expansion products they have lined up for this.

Honestly, this is what's going to define my purchase of the game. At its base, it looks a bit basic. The X-Wing core set, honestly, was never all that fun on its own. Same goes for Armada. Imperial Assault was a whole different model, and fantastic.

This is going to be more like X-Wing/Armada -- too basic until they've added a wave or two of expansions. And I'm going to need to see what I'm signing on for before I make the jump. I'm fully assuming I will, mind, but this is not a day one purchase for me.