Table Size

By Dave Grant, in Star Wars: Legion

I am really excited about this game... looks Awesome.

Anyone know what the recommended table size would be for standard play ? I feel I might have to spend some time making a suitable gaming board ( or 2) before "early 2018"

Thanks

6' x 3' (gaming area - leave room for your cards!)

:)

Edited by Manchu

Hate to be old school but personally I would (and have) go bigger. 6X3 is kind of small. But, and I can't stress this enough, if you are into a small table go crazy! I plan on expanding my horizons, so to speak.

I find that a lot of 6x4 tables are practically empty, terrain-wise, and gaming suffers for the lack.

I think 6x3 is plenty big. looking forward to this game.

I bet, the tablesize is exactly that of X-Wing. And playing on another size will seriously affect balancing.

Edited by DerBaer
15 minutes ago, DerBaer said:

I bet, the tablesize is exactly that of X-Wing. And playing on another size will seriously affect balancing.

You'd bet wrong. Already announced it's 6x3, same as Armada.

Most (all?) miniature games are designed with a certain play area size in mind. FFG's games are not exceptions in this regard. I doubt some variance will seriously affect balance.

3x3 for the Core Set battles

6x3 for the normal games

4 minutes ago, Manchu said:

Most (all?) miniature games are designed with a certain play area size in mind. FFG's games are not exceptions in this regard. I doubt some variance will seriously affect balance.

For other games it my experience that variating table size seriously affects how the game is played, especially when I comes to playability of close combat and short range weapons.

Sure, if a game is designed for a 6x3 play area then cutting that area in half along one dimension will create some gameplay difference. But that is a pretty drastic change. By contrast, I doubt playing Legion on a 6x4 will create any sort of balance issues. I think the bigger issue would be lack of room for all your unit cards, tokens, measuring tools, etc.

Edited by Manchu

I usually store card, tokens and stuff beneath the play area, not on it.

What I meant was, the standard size table at a local gaming store is 6x4. By using 6x3 play areas, FFG is allowing 6" margins on each player's long table edge for laying out the various unit and upgrade cards.