8-sided dice?

By Kyle Ren, in Star Wars: Legion

So, kind of a pet peeve, but is anyone else sick of 8-sided dice?

I don't really find them that comfortable to roll. They just feel kinda weird in my hand, and FFG's d8s seem on the small side. They were a fun gimmick for X-Wing, but now that they're in pretty much every other FFG game, I'm kinda getting sick of 'em. Those rounded 6-sided Imperial Assault dice were so comfortable! And as someone with large hands, those huge Destiny dice are actually quite satisfying to roll! (once you get over the bright colors and huge size that makes them look like preschool toys, that is...)

I was kinda hoping for a d12-based game. 12-sided dice are just a really attractive design, and very round and non-pokey in your hand. Also, I feel like I'm gonna get all my Armada dice mixed up with this game...

Does anyone else feel the same way?

I prefer D8s since they stop and don't roll off the table, D12s would be horrible :P

Seriously though, they use various kind of dice to help balancing and statistics and Im sure they put extensive work into getting the math behind it right. D6s are limited in their application, the more faces of a die the more options you get. Mixing them all together and you can do a whole lot of things.

And don't worry - the defence dice are d6s!

You have a strange hangup.

I hear ya man, they are my least fav to roll after the hated D4's. But, it is what it is. If some are D6 that's even better.

A small price to pay for such goodness. But I approve of this post.

Talk about first world problems; this has gotta be up there at the top right?

Never fear tho, I'm sure they'll be added to the FFG dice app for the roll adverse players.