Factions

By WAC47, in Star Wars: Legion

Super excited for Legion! One thing I just noticed while looking through the articles is that Force Power upgrade cards appear to be labeled with "Dark Side" or "Light Side" only restrictions. These do not seem to be associated with a keyword on Unit cards (the Darth Vader card does not have the words "Dark Side" on it, according to picture on Team Covenant Twitter). So does that mean the factions themselves are "Light side/Dark side" or that they each have an affiliation with one or the other? And what do you think this mean about potential future material from the prequel/sequel trilogies?

I for one would LOVE to see material from outside the GCW in more of FFG's games, so I might be grasping at straws. And this style of gameplay seems ideally suited for Clone Wars era units!

This is all wild speculation of course, but speculate away!

I would like to see many different factions, like jedi, rebel, resistance, imperial, sith, first order, Mandalorian, Hutts, Black Sun, etc. It would be neat to be able to have so many choices instead of just empire or rebellion.

That was one thing I liked about other mini systems, how many different factions/sub factions could be used.

Edited by poke450
Double post
5 minutes ago, poke450 said:

I would like to see many different factions, like jedi, rebel, resistance, imperial, sith, first order, Mandalorian, Hutts, Black Sun, etc. It would be neat to be able to have so many choices instead of just empire or rebellion.

I don't think there'd be too much to a Jedi faction :P Seriously though, they said that they were focusing on the Galactic Civil War in the report. Maybe somewhere way down the road we could get ST stuff but I don't see that coming anytime soon. I'd be willing to bet we could get a Mando faction in the near future though!

I mean, in reality a yoda could probably decimate an entire army without sith leadership.

We all know a scum faction will be coming that could use a Maul type force user that would be either light or dark side.

Give them a little while to squeeze blood from that stone and if it's still selling I'm sure they'll find at least a couple extra faction ideas.

Honestly i thought they would place this in the Clone Wars era. That would have been a way better fit. Clone Wars were all about big ground battles.

if this had clones i'd buy.