How does this compare to Imperial Assault?

By GrandAdmiralCrunch, in Star Wars: Legion

Just now, Crifmer said:

It's a patron-only post, so if you're not a patron, there's no point in linking. If you are, go to Patreon and you'll see his new post.

Ah, thanks.

35 minutes ago, Hrathen said:

Where are we getting this information from? All I have seen are pics of figs in hands and they look very close.

I think this is not so much a matter of objective compatibility, but subjective compatibility. Some people are purer than others are.

If you own some IA, you'll at least have some proxie material for trying things in SW:L.

I don't see a huge draw to this game when we already have Imperial Assault and Rebellion for large-scale battles, aside from just running lage-scale encounters in the RPG. Is this just so there's a Star Wars version of Warhammer?

I see this more in line with West End Games Star Wars Miniatures Game where you had multiple custom squads of infantry battling each other instead of pre-made individual soldiers. My guess is that Star Wars Legion is more like the new Runewars Miniature game then Imperial Assault.

Imperial Assault is more like the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars Miniatures Game where you created a single squad of individual soldiers and heroes (mostly heroes).

The comparison to Warhammer is probably accurate because the original Star Wars Miniatures Game from West End Games was a lot like Warhammer, and is a lot like what Legion is beginning to sound like.

@Mikael Hasselstein

got this from another post:

uvcXi4o.jpg

The Legion model is roughly 10-12% larger.

**Accidentally quadruple posted!**

Edited by Force Majeure