How does this compare to Imperial Assault?

By GrandAdmiralCrunch, in Star Wars: Legion

If I have IA, would I want this?

Could I use them together? Or Could I use Legion for a large scale battle next to a IA campaign?

I'm not seeing much in the announcement one way or another.

Legion is a slightly larger scale than IA. They wouldn't mix at all.

They definitely don't intergrate together unfortunately. For me that means MORE PAINTING! :S

I don't think the scale will be soooo different that they'd look super odd next to eachother. but i highly doubt there will be official support for mixing the minis...

29 minutes ago, Swusn said:

Do you mean scale as in numbers of troops, or are you comparing miniature sizes?

Just now, RogueLieutenant said:

I don't think the scale will be soooo different that they'd look super odd next to eachother. but i highly doubt there will be official support for mixing the minis...

I think that is very nearly a certainty. $$$

What if my current Imperial Assault Storm trooper got mixed in. He could just be a little short for a stormtrooper.... Oh.

So in the size comparision Legion is a little bigger than IA? I was seriously hoping for smaller.

Why on earth would they make their epic battle mini game mini's larger than their small scale squad combat mini's?

That would be like making the Armada scale a little bigger than the X-Wing scale than smaller.

33 minutes ago, Swusn said:

Is this confirmed, or just from the 34mm comment during the Q&A? Not certain I can play both if I have to have two slightly different sets of models.

4 minutes ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Do you mean scale as in numbers of troops, or are you comparing miniature sizes?

Miniature sizes. IA is 28mm. Legion is 34mm. So all your IA minnies will look short and fat next to legion minnies. Not a huge difference but enough that they wouldn't work in my opinion.

Dont care about that. Im going to use my IA minis anyway...

Edited by Kentares

Not saying anything about anybody, but the scale talk is all uncomfirmed. 34mm isn't really a scale that's used, so I kind of doubt it that they're 34mm. The industry is 28mm and 32mm at the moment, and Imperial Assault is 32mm. It would shock me like a lightning bolt if they didn't feature a conversion kit for your Imperial Assault minis, as nothing would supercharge the community faster than telling it they already own hundreds of dollars of stuff for Legion and didn't know it.

Youre right Frankelee. People are assuming that its 34mm scale. Nowhere its written that. In fact one of the guys there wrote its the same scale (look in one of the IA topics from Jodokast)

If they look awful next to each other, I'm out.

If they are close enough to not look ridiculous, then I might be in. I'm sure there will be some fanmade conversions going back and forth.

If they are made interchangeable with official support... I'm in.

Actually, if you're a Patron of Sorastro's you can see it for yourself. They are bigger, but not too much bigger. It looks like mixing and matching wouldn't make things look too odd. That said, I'm sure as **** going to use the Legion sculpt for Vader in my IA games.

Leia: "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Luke: "Nope, I'm from the Imperial Assault molds."

6 minutes ago, Crifmer said:

Actually, if you're a Patron of Sorastro's you can see it for yourself. They are bigger, but not too much bigger. It looks like mixing and matching wouldn't make things look too odd. That said, I'm sure as **** going to use the Legion sculpt for Vader in my IA games.

Can you link to this?

12 minutes ago, frankelee said:

It would shock me like a lightning bolt if they didn't feature a conversion kit for your Imperial Assault minis, as nothing would supercharge the community faster than telling it they already own hundreds of dollars of stuff for Legion and didn't know it.

That would be great to have. In fact it would be so great, it should have been the first thing they said when they announced it! Since they didn't, I expect they don't.

21 minutes ago, BrobaFett said:

So in the size comparision Legion is a little bigger than IA? I was seriously hoping for smaller.

Why on earth would they make their epic battle mini game mini's larger than their small scale squad combat mini's?

That would be like making the Armada scale a little bigger than the X-Wing scale than smaller.

Shame it is focused mainly on infantry combat.

Am I waiting in vain for an announcement of an IA app to play against like they have for Descent?

Just now, Guest hopeful said:

Am I waiting in vain for an announcement of an IA app to play against like they have for Descent?

They mentioned it and said it was in the testing phase. That's the first official confirmation from them since last year.

I am still pumped for this

4 minutes ago, Hawkstrike said:

That would be great to have. In fact it would be so great, it should have been the first thing they said when they announced it! Since they didn't, I expect they don't.

This is probably true sadly

1 hour ago, Swusn said:

Where are we getting this information from? All I have seen are pics of figs in hands and they look very close.

1 hour ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

Can you link to this?

It's a patron-only post, so if you're not a patron, there's no point in linking. If you are, go to Patreon and you'll see his new post.