How many?

By kzilla, in Star Wars: Legion

How many box sets will you be purchasing out of the gate? I am thinking the magic # is 2 for me.

Probably 2. I did for Armada and found it worked well for me.

Two. It'll be sad news for my wallet but I expect he'll understand with time.

2 for the extra templates, dice, and minis.

I'll start with one and see if I get to play this at all

I don't think you need two. Like in every tabletop there will be tons of army boxes and lots of other things too (just look at Warhammer 40k, would be likely the same)....

The main Question is: do we realy need another tabletop in 28mm just because there's Star Wars on the front?
The rules in the article sounds a bit like a Warhammer 40 with Flames of War clone....
Warhammer Fantasy was already done with Runewars.

Unfortunately, looks like it's only going to be .5 of a core set for me. Hoping it's easier to collect a single faction than it is in Armada and Xwing! Especially because of the extra effort of assembly/painting.

2 That's what I did with Armada.

Almost certainly two but I hate the ide of duplicate Lukes and Vaders.

5 hours ago, WAC47 said:

Unfortunately, looks like it's only going to be .5 of a core set for me. Hoping it's easier to collect a single faction than it is in Armada and Xwing! Especially because of the extra effort of assembly/painting.

I think they'll use a Rune Wars model where the upgrades are more widely available so you can collect just one faction.

4 minutes ago, Manchu said:

There's always painting practice fodder. Or some kitbashing! Put luke's head on vader's body and vice versa for instant hilarity.

I could break open Vader's helmet nd inset part of Luke's face - Dagobah diorama?

I'm going with just one. We'll see how it plays out. I assume they will release extra tools and dice as they always do, and I can wait for them.

None! Unless an official conversion kit is made for me to play with my already painted IA minis.

Probably none. I've invested a decent amount of money in Imperial Assault. Not seeing anything thing to excite me here. Doesn't help I own many Star Wars games. A new one really needs to wow me.

Just one until I see how it plays, and then likely a second. Haven't regretted multiple cores for X-Wing or Armada.

I wasn't going to buy any, so in real words that means at least one.

Trying real hard (and almost certainly failing) to want it. I'm currently consumed by 40k 8th edition, so I don't need yet another money sink, but dammit, stormtroopers.

You need as many sets as your spouse can tolerate... then add one more and apologise later.

3 minutes ago, Deathseed said:

Trying real hard (and almost certainly failing) to want it. I'm currently consumed by 40k 8th edition, so I don't need yet another money sink, but dammit, stormtroopers.

Yeah I've just started with 40k. But Legion ruleset seem to blow 8th completely out of the water :/

Im no fan of starwars, pretty fed up with it by now, but **** this looks to play sooo well!

Just now, Soulless said:

Yeah I've just started with 40k. But Legion ruleset seem to blow 8th completely out of the water :/

Im no fan of starwars, pretty fed up with it by now, but **** this looks to play sooo well!

I never tire of Star Wars, but 40k 8th has breathed fun new life into a game I had thought shelved for me indefinitely.

That said, I've been wanting a SW infantry war-game ever since IA gave me a small taste of it's potential (well really, ever since I got into war-games decades ago), and I've never been disappointed with Armada. So well played FFG, you've found yet another way into my wallet.

8 hours ago, Manchu said:

Don't worry. These will probably be just tokens in the core box. ;)))

Ouch, old wounds.

Nah this time we know the core set comes with Luke and Vader figs.

For father and son: Base one on ice and the other on forest. :wacko:

2 cores for sure, maybe 3 depending on what my Runewars Miniature copies sale for and my remaining Dust armies. :D