THANK YOU!

By splad, in Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game 30th Anniversary Edition

Thank you so very much for the resurrection even in small the greatest rpg ever made. The D6 system embodied the star wars cinematic fashion with its fast paced system and lovingly crafted adventures and stories. i wish WEG hadn't chapter 11 way back. But i bought and still have every sourcebook and adventure ever made for this game. I love to be able to draw up a character in 10 minutes and be good to go. The individual character progression in skills and attributes let the player tailor each character and a party would be a broad spectrum and unique group. I hope this is the beginning of more and hopefully new productions. While im glad to support the FFG system of star wars it is a pale shadow to the Award winning D6 system. I hope your listening cause allot of players like me who latched onto this game in 1987 have been hoping and waiting for this day. Thank you again:) I got a good feeling about this!

I wasn't into RPGs as a child. But Star Wars was everything. I'd of loved it.

I've stayed away from FFG Star Wars RPGs because of the huge price tag. Though delivery to the UK has doubled the price, I've happily pre-ordered my copy.

I was originally using Savage World's or the End of the World lines for Roleplaying in a galaxy far far away.

Soon I'll own the real deal. I've heard good things about this. Great way to end a crappy year.

37 minutes ago, Tommy Blunderbuss said:

I wasn't into RPGs as a child. But Star Wars was everything. I'd of loved it.

I've stayed away from FFG Star Wars RPGs because of the huge price tag. Though delivery to the UK has doubled the price, I've happily pre-ordered my copy.

I was originally using Savage World's or the End of the World lines for Roleplaying in a galaxy far far away.

Soon I'll own the real deal. I've heard good things about this. Great way to end a crappy year.

You should be able to get it through www.leisuregames.com talk to your vendor there. I original hail from London great rpg community. Especially with the guild of melee and magic don't know if they are still going. It's been a long time....a long time

I grew up on D6 Star Wars (my gaming life anyway) and I have to disagree. FFG captures what was good about the WEG version, and includes 30 years of mechanical advancement.

WEG Star Wars feels like a product of its time. I ran a game for some friends who'd never seen it too long ago and its flaws were immediately apparent when I viewed the game through their eyes.

50 minutes ago, selderane said:

I grew up on D6 Star Wars (my gaming life anyway) and I have to disagree. FFG captures what was good about the WEG version, and includes 30 years of mechanical advancement.

WEG Star Wars feels like a product of its time. I ran a game for some friends who'd never seen it too long ago and its flaws were immediately apparent when I viewed the game through their eyes.

Absolutely entitled to your opinion:) But a number of things bother me such as having the players roll their own difficulties. Sometimes in the stories best interests the characters have to succeed or fail certain task and to have it all out in the open on opposed tests destroys any of that notion. The space combat is very restrictive in terms of player choice and is very clunky in turn. It can only be rule jockeyed by certain talents to give you half a chance. Forget about having secondary adversaries. Their is a lot of pen and paper to turns from combat order to wounds and strain making for slow progress in what should be a very cinematic rpg experience. If you are looking for that kind of approach runequest does better for detail but still too stop motion for the feel of star wars imho. Take the new 7th rpg i find the narrative style to their approach to combat and mechanics wholly appropriate to its genre. Middle Earth was another wholly appropriate system to genre. But here like me i have seen many people complain on many forums/reddit etc about the system if it was just my personal dislike i would let it fly and try not to be the fly in other peoples ointment. But their are is a chorus of complaints. But with that said i still love their source material especially exploring Jedi sacred grounds, the hutt territories and so much more. But if you and your fellow players love it, bless you. Keeping Star Wars RPG alive is the primary objective:)

D6 Star Wars RPG is the only system I know of that has such a dedicated following and such great rule system that they even made there own revised, expanded and updated rulebook.

Im still gonna buy this lol

Wow, bought the Swedish version of this game back in 1990 and it started my love for table top roleplaying games that has not diminished (though it is harder to find the time). Seeing this brings back many fond memories. Picked it up again a couple of years ago and played it with my kids who where instantly thrilled. I like the fast rules for creating a character and you can develop without restiction to role type. The combat rules is also fast. On a side note I think the revised rules is superior though and it would be nice to see those rules released instead.

WEG has actually informed a lot of my knowledge of the SW universe outside the movies with all the sourcebooks and source materials. I’ve spent many hours reading the backstories of alien species, ship types and of the heroes and villains in the Star Wars Sourcebook but unfortuanately much of it is no longer canon. I hope this is updated. But overall t his is just great news!

On 17/08/2017 at 5:29 PM, splad said:

Thank you so very much for the resurrection even in small the greatest rpg ever made. The D6 system embodied the star wars cinematic fashion with its fast paced system and lovingly crafted adventures and stories. i wish WEG hadn't chapter 11 way back. But i bought and still have every sourcebook and adventure ever made for this game. I love to be able to draw up a character in 10 minutes and be good to go. The individual character progression in skills and attributes let the player tailor each character and a party would be a broad spectrum and unique group. I hope this is the beginning of more and hopefully new productions. While im glad to support the FFG system of star wars it is a pale shadow to the Award winning D6 system. I hope your listening cause allot of players like me who latched onto this game in 1987 have been hoping and waiting for this day. Thank you again:) I got a good feeling about this!

I am also very grateful for this game, there is a market for this, both old and new to the hobby,

6 hours ago, Harper. said:

I am also very grateful for this game, there is a market for this, both old and new to the hobby,

In the era of the come back movie, tv series why not rpg, torg, paranoia and 7th sea are back I'm glad to see SW d6 back. It could be more than a nostalgia piece if they let it. D6 has survived in the outer rim for 20 years it's time to bring it back imo. For old and new fans.

Please. D6 Star Wars, the best RPG ever made? Everyone knows that honor rests with D&D 4e.

2 hours ago, Degenerate Mind said:

Please. D6 Star Wars, the best RPG ever made? Everyone knows that honor rests with D&D 4e.

Yea that's why pathfinder uses the 3.5 and people still pant about it, not the cookie cutter 4th Edition WoW wannabe of RPGs. Terrible simply terrible. D6 Still the best, it's why it still has a large following.

33 minutes ago, splad said:

Yea that's why pathfinder uses the 3.5 and people still pant about it, not the cookie cutter 4th Edition WoW wannabe of RPGs. Terrible simply terrible. D6 Still the best, it's why it still has a large following.

Oh man, it's almost as if that's literally the joke from my post. You've got a mind like a steel trap, my man!

5 hours ago, Degenerate Mind said:

Nope. That goes to Cyberpunk 2020 and Mekton Z.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
57 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Lol I found the first Cyberpunk the best. But lets say we all have our favorites. I will throw Shadowrun 2nd Ed in the mix too

3 hours ago, splad said:

Lol I found the first Cyberpunk the best. But lets say we all have our favorites. I will throw Shadowrun 2nd Ed in the mix too

4 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Wait, no. I take back what I said about 4e being the best RPG system of all time. Have either of you ever heard of FATAL? It's pretty obscure, but I always appreciated the ease of play, the straightforward character generation rules, and the rich lore for the default setting. My favorite aspect of the game was, hands down, the short, simple skill list. I wouldn't call it Spartan by any means, but the game developers definitely worked to keep things relatively free of redundancy.

Edited by Degenerate Mind
5 minutes ago, Degenerate Mind said:

Wait, no. I take back what I said about 4e being the best RPG system of all time. Have either of you ever heard of FATAL? It's pretty obscure, but I always appreciated the ease of play, the straightforward character generation rules, and the rich lore for the default setting. My favorite aspect of the game was, hands down, the short, simple skill list. I wouldn't call it Spartan by any means, but the game developers definitely worked to keep things relatively free of redundancy.

Nope, not familiar with that one. The thing I love about R. Talsorian's Fuzion system is its detailed life path system, its straight forward, skill based advancement, simple dice mechanics, and classless character creation system.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

Nope, not familiar with that one. The thing I love about R. Talsorian's Fuzion system is its detailed life path system, its straight forward, skill based advancement, simple dice mechanics, and classless character creation system.

...**** it. The joke was that nearly everyone who knows about the system hates FATAL and for good reason.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/FATAL

"The gaming community has more or less unanimously come to the conclusion that FATAL (aka "The Date **** RPG...without the dating") is simply the worst RPG ever conceived. There is one documented occurrence of a game played. The rulebook (written by one Byron Hall and a few of his friends, who go by nicknames such as "Torturon", "Burnout", and "Satan") is as terribly mechanically written as it is obsessed with bizarre sexual perversions that make /d/ seem prudish by comparison. It is filled with enough pointless random charts and obtuse rules to deter even a veteran /d/M who has played Rolemaster for years. Quadratic equations are a requirement of most game mechanics. The Anal circumference table meme originates with FATAL."

My first comment was nothing more than a "hahaha look at my garbage taste in RPGs" joke, but apparently 4e D&D isn't quite bad enough to be an obvious troll, while FATAL apparently isn't well enough known to be an obvious troll.

All that out of the way, Fuzion sounds like it has a lot of the elements that make me like SWRPG as much as I do mechanically. I'll look into it later, it sounds like it might be a good system for a cyberpunk game without being in Shadowrun by default - but that's just based purely on the title sounding kinda funky.

7 minutes ago, Degenerate Mind said:

...**** it. The joke was that nearly everyone who knows about the system hates FATAL and for good reason.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/FATAL

"The gaming community has more or less unanimously come to the conclusion that FATAL (aka "The Date **** RPG...without the dating") is simply the worst RPG ever conceived. There is one documented occurrence of a game played. The rulebook (written by one Byron Hall and a few of his friends, who go by nicknames such as "Torturon", "Burnout", and "Satan") is as terribly mechanically written as it is obsessed with bizarre sexual perversions that make /d/ seem prudish by comparison. It is filled with enough pointless random charts and obtuse rules to deter even a veteran /d/M who has played Rolemaster for years. Quadratic equations are a requirement of most game mechanics. The Anal circumference table meme originates with FATAL."

My first comment was nothing more than a "hahaha look at my garbage taste in RPGs" joke, but apparently 4e D&D isn't quite bad enough to be an obvious troll, while FATAL apparently isn't well enough known to be an obvious troll.

All that out of the way, Fuzion sounds like it has a lot of the elements that make me like SWRPG as much as I do mechanically. I'll look into it later, it sounds like it might be a good system for a cyberpunk game without being in Shadowrun by default - but that's just based purely on the title sounding kinda funky.

Well, Cyberpunk actually predates Shadowrun by several years. The most recent iteration being 203X (V3). And is based upon the classic works such as Neuromancer , Johnny Mmuemomic , Bladerunner .

5 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Well, Cyberpunk actually predates Shadowrun by several years. The most recent iteration being 203X (V3). And is based upon the classic works such as Neuromancer , Johnny Mmuemomic , Bladerunner .

I was referring to the genre as a whole. Is Fuzion actually anywhere close to what I assumed it was? If so, should I look into picking up material for Cyberpunk, or Fuzion?

Fuzion is the basic game system used by R. Talsorian games for their games, it's the basic game mechanics used in the latest iteration of Cyberpunk , and their other games, and is an evolution of their older Interlock system, which is what Cyberpunk 2020 used.

10 hours ago, Tramp Graphics said:

The original cyberpunk was great but it tended to be more of niche game. Shadowrun i found was more popular in general. Especially runs like Universal Brotherhood which was a well played out campaign.