Rulebook Suggestion...

By Snid, in Twilight Imperium

I have been glancing through the rulebook and noticed that it is very gender specific when it doesn't have to be. Perhaps changing "he" with "they" and "his" with "theirs" could help feel more inclusive. Just a suggestion.

Peace.

It's also not grammatically correct and potentially confusing, and this is the way FFG has always written their rulebooks. However cards usually have "his or her", since there's more space for the text.

there is a grammatical term for this rulebook writing style, it is called: the genderneutral maskulinum . It existed for hundreds of years and noone minded it until the gender-madness started.

Wait a minute, I identify as Ghost of Cerebus and us wormhole aliens don't even have genders . Way to go FFG, next time check your Jordian privilege! :P

Edited by Marinealver
22 hours ago, Network57 said:

It's also not grammatically correct and potentially confusing, and this is the way FFG has always written their rulebooks. However cards usually have "his or her", since there's more space for the text.

Yeah, I've been quite impressed with the amount of 'his or her' or 'he og she' that FFG uses. Obviously we can always get better, but in broad general terms I think FFG does 'very' well at representing varied genders and ethnicity in their games and not in stereotypical roles.