Infantry Command

By SoldanPrime, in Runewars List Building

I can only include on model for each upgrade icon of a type correct? So If I had a maximum size reanimates unit I could field three of the hero upgrades or only one?

It seems there would never be a situation where one could field a full tray of them as shown if this is the case. Is it legal to just field them as reanimates without cards...so I could perhaps move up a rank tier if I used a support crawler for instance?

I think I may have bought them by mistake if I can not use the figs...just with the base set.

If you have just the core and the infantry command packs, you can use most of them.

For Waiqar, Ardus Ix'Erebus' ability allows the 2x2 Reanimate formation to take music, champion, and heraldry upgrades. That means you could include 3 of the 4 figures from the infantry command pack in your core Reanimates unit in a single list. That's not really so bad at all. And you can always switch between the necromancer figure and the champion figure, so all the upgrades could see use.

For the Daqan Lords, you can include one music and one champion, so you'll only ever have 2 figures in use in your unit. However, because two of your figures are champions, you'll still be able to use them in list-building; you just won't be able to have both champions in the same list. The only figure that won't see use for your Daqan core army is the banner-bearer.

If you were hoping to increase your army size, then the Infantry Command Unit Upgrade Expansions probably weren't the best purchases. However, just those two packs will give you a lot of list-building options, which could still be really fun.

Oh did not notice they were different types...ok cool.. i just need to sell of more of my other hobby items for cash so I can pick up another expansion or two. Ankaur gives me on extra unit...I am just trying the dirtiest method to get close to 200.

10 hours ago, SoldanPrime said:

Oh did not notice they were different types...ok cool.. i just need to sell of more of my other hobby items for cash so I can pick up another expansion or two. Ankaur gives me on extra unit...I am just trying the dirtiest method to get close to 200.

If you have a friend who plays, by far the cheapest way is to split a core set with them. 2 cores worth of Waiqar and an infantry command will get you to 200 easily.

58 minutes ago, Contrapulator said:

If you have a friend who plays, by far the cheapest way is to split a core set with them. 2 cores worth of Waiqar and an infantry command will get you to 200 easily.

I agree with the financial part in full... but "easily" might be a strong word for the second. You pretty much have no options, you just run every unit with every upgrade.

He didn't say he wanted options, he said he's looking for the dirtiest method to get to 200. Splitting 2 cores and buying 1 expansion is the easiest way that I know of.