Preorder bonuses free or paid?

By Skaak, in Twilight Imperium

The wording on the preorder bonuses is really double-speaky and ambiguous (emphasis mine):

" If you pre-order Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition , you’ll have the opportunity to receive the Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition rulebooks bound together in a single volume hardback book. ... Additionally, you’ll have a chance to receive two beautiful limited edition 11 x 17 art prints with special commemorative branding"

Does this mean these bonuses are selected randomly among the group of people who preorder? Something that people who preorder will need to pay more to obtain? Or what?

Dear companies: you'd build a lot more trust if you just said what you mean instead of acting all sketchy and hedging your language for no obvious reason.

The obscure phrasing leads me to believe it is paid. Otherwise, "free" is one of the best words to use in advertising. It's generally only omitted for a reason.

5 hours ago, ArbitraryNerd said:

The obscure phrasing leads me to believe it is paid. Otherwise, "free" is one of the best words to use in advertising. It's generally only omitted for a reason.

I agree with this. People who pre-order with be given an exclusive offer to purchase the limited extra materials. It would be nice if they just gave something for free, like alt art race sheets or alt box art.

Hi Guys,

The book and prints come free with the pre-order. I hope you'll enjoy both!

CTP

Are the pre-orders available if I live in Australia or any other non-US country?

7 hours ago, IrishCyborg said:

Are the pre-orders available if I live in Australia or any other non-US country?

Yes, but the price is due to shipping twice the amount. (Or you find a local deal in you country who participate in their program - not sure where I can find such one in Germany).

Hi Guys,

The book and prints come free with the pre-order. I hope you'll enjoy both!

CTP

My retailer is telling me that he can only get one set of promos for every two set of games he buys so it is not a guarantee that my preorder through the FLGS will get me the promos. Is this correct or is there some misunderstanding on their part?

Edited by ColtsFan77