Testudo! My Roman Themed Daqan Spearmen

By Cultiststeve, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

Hi all. Been working on this for a while and got the first block painted up now, with a couple bonus horsemen.

I really like how it has turned out, the transfers along with paint scheme really make them feel like Roman legionaries.

Its also a fairly simple scheme to paint and a quick wash, which is great as I am by no means a great painter.

Fmj0G7g.jpg

Feel free to check out a couple more shots here .

I have some plans to paint up the rune golems with a marble statue look when I can figure out how. I also plan to purchase the infantry command set and get a proper roman legion eagle standard on them.

Those shields are fantastic. Decals or transfers? They really make the unit pop.

1 minute ago, Hawkman2000 said:

Those shields are fantastic. Decals or transfers? They really make the unit pop.

Water transfers, from http://www.3vwargames.co.uk/ . And yea they are great. Tried a few different ones before I found some that fit and looked right.

Edited by Cultiststeve

Love the helmet brushes mod.

Good luck with marble, I've been mulling over how I wanted to do that in a golem as well.

They look great.

I still wish the shields were separate as I was going to replace them with some spare shields I have from the Warlord Romans and do something similar.